Trained Parrot BlogParrot Wizard Online Parrot Toy StoreThe Parrot Forum

Help

Chat about general parrot care and parrot owner lifestyle. Bird psychology, activities, trimming, clipping, breeding etc.

Re: Help: MICE!

Postby Cage Cleaner » Wed Oct 08, 2014 1:54 am

Lalala
Last edited by Cage Cleaner on Sun Apr 26, 2020 1:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cage Cleaner
Amazon

Number of Birds Owned: 0
Types of Birds Owned: 2
Flight: Yes

Postby Cage Cleaner » Wed Oct 08, 2014 1:58 am

Gross
Last edited by Cage Cleaner on Sun Apr 26, 2020 1:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cage Cleaner
Amazon

Types of Birds Owned: 2

Postby marie83 » Wed Oct 08, 2014 9:19 am

In this country most people compromise and have cats that "live" indoors but go outside for a good portion of the day. In an ideal world I think this would be a good plan. Personally I don't have cats because of the small critters and birds, also I'm more allergic to them that I am most other animals. If I did have cats though I would have to base my choice on the safety of the area though- not too near busy roads or areas that use a lot of poisons for pest control.

I think in cage cleaners case that the animals owned by the family are either pets or working animals rather than both (I hope I haven't misinterpreted that?) with the parrots being pets and the cats being working animals? For myself I couldn't live that way and would prefer "both" I mean I wouldn't keep chickens in and outdoors (obviously they would have their own secure coop or something) but a couple of cats are no trouble at all to have wandering in and out whilst "working" although I wouldn't enjoy any presents they brought in.

I think the issue regarding longevity in cats is partly that in cats that go outdoors or live outdoors permenantly can have symptoms of illness that go undiagnosed for longer. If the cats peeing outdoors rather than in its litter tray your probably not going to notice if it has traces of blood in its urine until the cats really sick therefore veterinary treatments not going to be sought as promptly.
marie83
Cockatoo

Number of Birds Owned: 2
Types of Birds Owned: Yellow sided Green Cheek Conure
Pineapple Green Cheek Conure

Postby morcowilson » Thu May 30, 2019 5:33 am

Hello there,

Pajarita wrote::lol: I don't think that where you live makes any difference on whether your pets live outdoors or indoors because, if I lived in a ranch, my cats and dogs would still live indoors. It's not the place, it's the philosophy.

:lol: :lol: I total agree with you but the problem is that in my room everywhere mice but I think I call mice control services to provide the company to contact but I don't know where to visit & which is the company call. You're near any company kill mice so please suggest me.
morcowilson
Parakeet

Types of Birds Owned: Marco

Postby Pajarita » Thu May 30, 2019 7:26 am

I don't kill animals that are not truly harmful in an immediate sort of way (like fleas, lice and mosquitoes, for example) and I certainly do not use poisons that are not specific and topical. I also had mice when I first moved into this house and, of course, birds living in the house makes it harder because they always have food available to them and the mice take advantage of that so it took me years to finally get rid of all of them but I did - mostly because, every now and then, one of them shows up. But using humane traps so I can release the mice outside and constantly covering all the holes they'd make works. I also took all the food out of the cages once the birds were asleep but, of course, that only works if you get up with the dawn to provide them with fresh food as the sun rises -which I do anyway because I am VERY strict about following a solar schedule and the same circadian cycles they would follow in the wild. It takes a long time at the beginning but it works without poisons or killing defenseless animals (I happen to love mice, I find them so cute!)
Pajarita
Norwegian Blue

Number of Birds Owned: 30
Types of Birds Owned: RoseBreasted too, CAG, DoubleYellowHead Amazon, BlueFront Amazon, YellowNape Amazon, Senegal, African Redbelly, Quaker, Sun Conure, Nanday, BlackCap Caique, WhiteBelly Caique, PeachFace lovebird, budgies,

Previous

Return to General Parrot Care