Trained Parrot BlogParrot Wizard Online Parrot Toy StoreThe Parrot Forum

nasty bird

Chat about general parrot care and parrot owner lifestyle. Bird psychology, activities, trimming, clipping, breeding etc.

nasty bird

Postby kimbo » Sun Jan 17, 2010 5:26 pm

dont know much about this but when chico :senegal: hasnt had enough sleep he changes into phsyco bird and does his arrow impression. point his body straight at whoever is nearest and tries to bite. gets really possesive over cage and toys. i had to take him away from everything and be really calm and talk softly to him. it worked cause he wanted a neck scratch afterwards. does anyone else experience this behaviour?. is that the way to deal with it? . early night tonight. :)
kimbo
Poicephalus

Number of Birds Owned: 1
Types of Birds Owned: one baby senegal
Flight: No

Re: nasty bird

Postby Michael » Mon Jan 18, 2010 10:14 am

Nope. Senegals Parrots should get 10-14 hours of uninterrupted sleep at night. Mine gets about 11-12.
Michael
Macaw

Number of Birds Owned: 3
Types of Birds Owned: Senegal Parrot, Cape Parrot, Green-Winged Macaw
Flight: Yes

Re: nasty bird

Postby Cinski » Wed Jan 20, 2010 1:10 pm

Michael wrote:Nope. Senegals Parrots should get 10-14 hours of uninterrupted sleep at night. Mine gets about 11-12.

That explains why Kiwi is so grumpy in the morning. I'm happy I made the decision to leave her alone all morning.
Cinski
Parrotlet

Number of Birds Owned: 4
Types of Birds Owned: Senegal Parrot, (other birds in household, African Grey, lovebird, cockatiel)
Flight: No

Return to General Parrot Care