Trained Parrot BlogParrot Wizard Online Parrot Toy StoreThe Parrot Forum

Clutter/Mess + Parrot

Chat about general parrot care and parrot owner lifestyle. Bird psychology, activities, trimming, clipping, breeding etc.

Clutter/Mess + Parrot

Postby Michael » Mon Jan 25, 2010 10:34 am

You know what I just thought about. Having a mess on the floor with lots of items strewn all over the place isn't a big deal with a parrot. With my parrot it is really important not to leave anything out on counters/tables but having things all over the floor hardly matters. Furthermore, unlike a terrestrial pet, my parrot can fly over everything without stepping in it. Meanwhile a floor based mess might inhibit or get spread by a cat/dog. Just an observation I wanted to share.
Michael
Macaw

Number of Birds Owned: 3
Types of Birds Owned: Senegal Parrot, Cape Parrot, Green-Winged Macaw
Flight: Yes

Re: Clutter/Mess + Parrot

Postby Natacha » Tue Jan 26, 2010 7:23 pm

I don't like clutter and tend to avoid it. I just finished polishing up the apartment after the move and it makes me terribly happy.

Parrots also generate "mess". Fortunately, mine are pretty good about keeping it within boundaries (not strewn all over the place). And having the cages in a separate room helps keep the living room cleaner :)
My blog http://poiworld.blogspot.com/
Videos of my birds http://www.youtube.com/user/poicephaluslady
Piper ~ Lovebird
Shade ~ Senegal
Joey & Pixel ~ Red-bellied parrots
Petey & Zuri ~ Meyer's parrots
Léa ~ Cape parrot
Natacha
African Grey

Number of Birds Owned: 7
Types of Birds Owned: PF Lovebird, Senegal Parrot, Red-bellied Parrots, Meyer's Parrot, Cape Parrot
Flight: Yes

Return to General Parrot Care