Trained Parrot BlogParrot Wizard Online Parrot Toy StoreThe Parrot Forum

Bird Diapers..?

Chat about general parrot care and parrot owner lifestyle. Bird psychology, activities, trimming, clipping, breeding etc.

Re: Bird Diapers..?

Postby iluvbirds25 » Thu Dec 10, 2009 8:47 pm

Charlie is very pretty. He looks great in his Santa suit.

Although I certainly can understand why people would not want to dress a bird up without good reason, I must admit that I enjoy using the bird diapers on my birds. I have been using them for almost 11 years. I used to do educational parrot shows for the children at several local libraries. Actually 23 libraries. San Diego, CA is large. I carried several parrots with me to all of the programs. The communities loved the parrots, but carrying all the cleaning stuff with me was a pain. One day a lady told me I should look into getting diapers for the birds so I could spend more time interacting with the children and less time cleaning. She had heard of the bird diaper and told me the site's name. I went home and ordered suits for all my parrots. I was amazed with how well the suit's poop pouch was designed with sanitation and safety of the bird in mind. The suits were beautiful and they allowed me to focus more on the programs, the birds & the children and less on cleaning.
iluvbirds25
Parakeet

Number of Birds Owned: 8
Types of Birds Owned: Ringneck Doves - Silky, Smoothe, Crested. American Parakeets
Flight: Yes

Postby Kathleen » Mon Dec 14, 2009 12:13 pm

I bet the kids like the cute designs too. :)
Kathleen
Amazon

Number of Birds Owned: 2

Postby kimbo » Thu Jan 21, 2010 3:54 pm

I wouldnt have thought bird diapers where possible but now ive seen them i think they look ok. i might even get one for chico. i love the christmas one. not sue about the hat though.
kimbo
Poicephalus

Number of Birds Owned: 1
Types of Birds Owned: one baby senegal
Flight: No

Postby SirHubi » Wed Jan 27, 2010 3:50 pm

These diapers look strange. I don't have any specific opinion. As long as bird doesn't mind a diaper, it seems to be ok :) :senegal:
:senegal: - Cookie
SirHubi
Lovebird

Number of Birds Owned: 1
Types of Birds Owned: Poicephalus (Senegal Parrot)

Previous

Return to General Parrot Care