Trained Parrot BlogParrot Wizard Online Parrot Toy StoreThe Parrot Forum

Parrot Wizard's Natural Foraging Box

Share ideas for making your own parrot toys. What are the best things for parrots to play with? Show pictures of parrots with toys.

Parrot Wizard's Natural Foraging Box

Postby meowzero » Tue Dec 12, 2017 9:56 am

This is the perfect toy for my Galah. He loves things that bolted onto the cage itself. If it's hanging, he doesn't play with it much. I guess he likes to get something that's anchored down so he can really work on it.

At first, he was scared of the new object. But after I put a bunch of his favorite treats everywhere on it, he warmed up to it. Now he's going crazy chewing that thing up. Of course, getting the treats inside the box is a great reward for him to keep going.

This is probably one of the better bird toys (at least for my bird) I've gotten. He's currently doing the beginner box. I'm a little worried if he'll be able to handle the harder boxes. We'll see.
meowzero
Parrotlet

Number of Birds Owned: 1
Types of Birds Owned: Rose Breasted Cockatoo
Flight: Yes

Re: Parrot Wizard's Natural Foraging Box

Postby Michael » Tue Dec 12, 2017 9:58 am

That's great to hear! :thumbsup:

The good news is that it is teaching him to use his beak so he may be able to graduate to the harder ones eventually. In either case it should make him better at playing with wooden toys.
Michael
Macaw

Number of Birds Owned: 3
Types of Birds Owned: Senegal Parrot, Cape Parrot, Green-Winged Macaw

Postby meowzero » Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:01 am

Michael wrote:That's great to hear! :thumbsup:

The good news is that it is teaching him to use his beak so he may be able to graduate to the harder ones eventually. In either case it should make him better at playing with wooden toys.

Oh he knows how to use his beak. He's been practicing on my door frames, furniture, etc. :roll: He loves the nu-perches too. He can go through the small one like a buzz saw. He looks satisfied when it falls to the floor of his cage. He eventually gives up on the mediums though. He never chews through those.
meowzero
Parrotlet

Number of Birds Owned: 1
Types of Birds Owned: Rose Breasted Cockatoo

Postby Michael » Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:30 am

Well then I think if he tries the training box and succeeds, he'll have a good idea what to do with the normal level and eventually the difficult one. You'd be surprised how persistent they can be when there's treats involved. :lol:

PS all the boxes I posted in the video last week, they're all done. Less than a week for the little guys to go fully through the training boxes. Now I gotta see how they do on the normal level.
Michael
Macaw

Number of Birds Owned: 3
Types of Birds Owned: Senegal Parrot, Cape Parrot, Green-Winged Macaw

Return to Toys, Accessories, and DIY