Trained Parrot BlogParrot Wizard Online Parrot Toy StoreThe Parrot Forum

Caique toy

Share ideas for making your own parrot toys. What are the best things for parrots to play with? Show pictures of parrots with toys.

Caique toy

Postby Pajarita » Mon Jan 14, 2019 11:19 am

I finally discovered the kind of toy that my male blackcap caique prefers! It's a cheap and very simply toy: a twine threaded through holes in smallish yucca medallions (http://www.abirdtoy.com/Small-Bird-Toys_c_17-2.html). It's easy to find and relatively inexpensive - and the only reason why I say 'relatively' is that, although it is cheap, he goes through one from beginning to smithereens in less than two days so I need to buy a number of them every week.
Pajarita
Norwegian Blue

Number of Birds Owned: 30
Types of Birds Owned: RoseBreasted too, CAG, DoubleYellowHead Amazon, BlueFront Amazon, YellowNape Amazon, Senegal, African Redbelly, Quaker, Sun Conure, Nanday, BlackCap Caique, WhiteBelly Caique, PeachFace lovebird, budgies,
Flight: Yes

Re: Caique toy

Postby Navre » Mon Jan 14, 2019 5:39 pm

My GCC's favorite toy! I usually get them in 3 packs on Amazon.
Navre
African Grey

Number of Birds Owned: 2
Types of Birds Owned: Turquoise Green Cheek Conure
Hooded Parrot

Re: Caique toy

Postby Pajarita » Tue Jan 15, 2019 10:09 am

Yes, my Codee GCC likes them, too - as do the Indians, the budgies (they LOVE all yucca toys) and Keku quaker. I guess the fact that they are small and soft provides a strong appeal to the small species.
Pajarita
Norwegian Blue

Number of Birds Owned: 30
Types of Birds Owned: RoseBreasted too, CAG, DoubleYellowHead Amazon, BlueFront Amazon, YellowNape Amazon, Senegal, African Redbelly, Quaker, Sun Conure, Nanday, BlackCap Caique, WhiteBelly Caique, PeachFace lovebird, budgies,

Return to Toys, Accessories, and DIY