Trained Parrot BlogParrot Wizard Online Parrot Toy StoreThe Parrot Forum

WARNING ON FABRICS (inc. rope perches, snuggle tents, etc)

Share ideas for making your own parrot toys. What are the best things for parrots to play with? Show pictures of parrots with toys.

Re: WARNING ON FABRICS (inc. rope perches, snuggle tents, etc)

Postby cat1hi » Tue Jun 14, 2016 3:14 pm

Thanks for the heads up, my sun conure Tinkerbelle came with a happy hut. Lately I noticed her chewing on it, she wont be happy but its coming out tonight!
cat1hi
Parakeet

Number of Birds Owned: 2
Types of Birds Owned: Sun Conure, Dutch Capuchin Pidgeon
Flight: Yes

Postby InsanityShard » Wed Jun 15, 2016 3:43 am

I did use two odor removers, one specially for dog pee as well as the oil and it's still there.
InsanityShard
Conure

Types of Birds Owned: Budgie

Postby Pajarita » Wed Jun 15, 2016 10:12 am

Well, you need to pour (or heavily spray) the spot (because it needs to reach the bottom layers) and leave it like that for a few hours because the enzymes need time to work. I don't know what you used but it worked for me in the past (I no longer have wall-to-wall carpet downstairs).
Pajarita
Norwegian Blue

Number of Birds Owned: 30
Types of Birds Owned: RoseBreasted too, CAG, DoubleYellowHead Amazon, BlueFront Amazon, YellowNape Amazon, Senegal, African Redbelly, Quaker, Sun Conure, Nanday, BlackCap Caique, WhiteBelly Caique, PeachFace lovebird, budgies,

Postby InsanityShard » Wed Jun 15, 2016 5:53 pm

I did spray and leave it, I even poured the eucalyptis oil directly onto the stain in big patches, but eventually the smell of the oil went away and now you smell the pee again. The dog has not and cannot enter my room to pee again. The eucalypt oil stains too. >_> Will the smell of the dog urine upset my bird? If not, then I'll just ignore it. We've been wanting to replace the carpet with wood for a long time anyway.
My stepdad says it's far too late to use baking soda or anything like that since it dried over a week ago.
InsanityShard
Conure

Types of Birds Owned: Budgie

Postby Luckyandjenn » Sun Sep 18, 2016 1:56 pm

Dang i was just looking into the fabric type perches because my macaw lucky wood perches and his swing not sure what its made of seems to be leaving a litte sore on his foot and types of perches that are safe and not to hard ????
Luckyandjenn
Lovebird

Number of Birds Owned: 6
Types of Birds Owned: Blue and gold macaw and a flock of all diffrent types hens Americana, silkie, yellow Sexton ,austrelop Plymouth Bared Rock
Flight: No

Postby Wolf » Sun Sep 18, 2016 3:39 pm

In the link that I gave you in your introduction about safe and toxic foods, it also contains a listing of safe and toxic woods and trees try and find branches from the safe trees that have not been treated with fungicides or pesticides and cut them to length for perches for him.

What is probably causing his foot issues are that his current perches are probably completely round which cause a pressure sore because they put pressure in the same spot on his feet every time he uses them. Perches need to be not totally round and different sizes along its length. That will prevent these pressure sores.
Wolf
Macaw

Types of Birds Owned: Senegal
African Grey (CAG)
Yellow Naped Amazon
2Celestial Parrotlet
Budgie

Postby Luckyandjenn » Sun Sep 18, 2016 4:20 pm

Wolf wrote:In the link that I gave you in your introduction about safe and toxic foods, it also contains a listing of safe and toxic woods and trees try and find branches from the safe trees that have not been treated with fungicides or pesticides and cut them to length for perches for him.

What is probably causing his foot issues are that his current perches are probably completely round which cause a pressure sore because they put pressure in the same spot on his feet every time he uses them. Perches need to be not totally round and different sizes along its length. That will prevent these pressure sores.

Ill have to look for it and yes the seem to be one shape he has diffrent sized thigs i will look into the link thanks
Luckyandjenn
Lovebird

Types of Birds Owned: Blue and gold macaw and a flock of all diffrent types hens Americana, silkie, yellow Sexton ,austrelop Plymouth Bared Rock
Flight: No

Postby DanaandPod » Sun Feb 12, 2017 7:45 pm

Sad story. Ive never seen my parrot chew his swing or perch.
Piccolo and Pod
DanaandPod
Poicephalus

Number of Birds Owned: 3
Types of Birds Owned: male Jardines parrot, a female meyers parrot, and two budgies

Previous

Return to Toys, Accessories, and DIY