Trained Parrot BlogParrot Wizard Online Parrot Toy StoreThe Parrot Forum

Roped orb swing hoops

Share ideas for making your own parrot toys. What are the best things for parrots to play with? Show pictures of parrots with toys.

Roped orb swing hoops

Postby GreenWing » Sun Dec 01, 2013 3:38 pm

As seen in my avatar, Chance enjoys the roped orb hoops. I'm buying one that has some toys attached for her to shred and play with. They're not expensive at all and you can also hang your own, or new, toys from them, too. They seem pretty cool because the bird can perch and play and also have the freedom outside of the cage.

What do you think of the roped orbs? Do you have one for your bird?
GreenWing
African Grey

Number of Birds Owned: 1
Types of Birds Owned: Congo African Grey ♥
Flight: Yes

Re: Roped orb swing hoops

Postby Pajarita » Mon Dec 02, 2013 4:37 pm

I only have ropes (tied to the platforms kind of like a bridge between them), branches and a couple of swings in the birdroom but once I had one of those that somebody donated and the smaller birds liked it -only it didn't last long...
Pajarita
Norwegian Blue

Number of Birds Owned: 30
Types of Birds Owned: RoseBreasted too, CAG, DoubleYellowHead Amazon, BlueFront Amazon, YellowNape Amazon, Senegal, African Redbelly, Quaker, Sun Conure, Nanday, BlackCap Caique, WhiteBelly Caique, PeachFace lovebird, budgies,

Postby GlassOnion » Mon Dec 02, 2013 5:15 pm

I have an Oddball from Oliver's Garden. www.mpbirdtoys.com sells Atoms, which are the original rope sphere swings. They are very well made with stainless steel hardware.
GlassOnion
African Grey

Number of Birds Owned: 3
Types of Birds Owned: Cockatiels, Ruppell's Parorot

Postby GreenWing » Tue Dec 03, 2013 5:55 pm

Pajarita wrote:I only have ropes (tied to the platforms kind of like a bridge between them), branches and a couple of swings in the birdroom but once I had one of those that somebody donated and the smaller birds liked it -only it didn't last long...

I like this idea; I've thought about doing similar by placing a tree next to the roped hoops for her to move about and play. :)

GlassOnion wrote:I have an Oddball from Oliver's Garden. http://www.mpbirdtoys.com sells Atoms, which are the original rope sphere swings. They are very well made with stainless steel hardware.

YES. Those are VERY similar to what I'm talking about. They are indeed awesome and durable. The birds enjoy playing on them. I'll lightly push the orb/atom Chance is on and say "Wheeee!" She absolutely loves it because she laughs and head-bobs.

The one I'm going to buy is smaller but has attached toys, such as dangling wood squares for her to chew. And we know how they Greys LOVE to chew so, I think it's a good decision. It's only about twenty bucks, too!
GreenWing
African Grey

Postby GlassOnion » Tue Dec 03, 2013 6:05 pm

GreenWing wrote:
Pajarita wrote:I only have ropes (tied to the platforms kind of like a bridge between them), branches and a couple of swings in the birdroom but once I had one of those that somebody donated and the smaller birds liked it -only it didn't last long...

I like this idea; I've thought about doing similar by placing a tree next to the roped hoops for her to move about and play. :)

GlassOnion wrote:I have an Oddball from Oliver's Garden. http://www.mpbirdtoys.com sells Atoms, which are the original rope sphere swings. They are very well made with stainless steel hardware.

YES. Those are VERY similar to what I'm talking about. They are indeed awesome and durable. The birds enjoy playing on them. I'll lightly push the orb/atom Chance is on and say "Wheeee!" She absolutely loves it because she laughs and head-bobs.

The one I'm going to buy is smaller but has attached toys, such as dangling wood squares for her to chew. And we know how they Greys LOVE to chew so, I think it's a good decision. It's only about twenty bucks, too!

In case you're interested, Mother Pluckin Bird Toys has a sale *right now*, 15% off. The discount code is "holiday" ;)
GlassOnion
African Grey

Number of Birds Owned: 3
Types of Birds Owned: Cockatiels, Ruppell's Parorot

Postby GreenWing » Wed Dec 11, 2013 8:04 pm

Sweet, thanks GlassOnion! :thumbsup:
GreenWing
African Grey