Trained Parrot BlogParrot Wizard Online Parrot Toy StoreThe Parrot Forum

A few of Emmi's toys I make weekly

Share ideas for making your own parrot toys. What are the best things for parrots to play with? Show pictures of parrots with toys.

Re: A few of Emmi's toys I make weekly

Postby Aphios » Wed Feb 12, 2014 12:18 pm

That is such a neat idea! I got an 8 pack of finger traps from the dollar store and can't wait to try it out with my birds :) :sun: :gcc:

Also, I recently started a homemade toys thread and would love if you could post some of your ideas there.

Thanks!
Aphios
Lovebird

Number of Birds Owned: 2
Types of Birds Owned: Sun and Green Cheek Conures
Flight: Yes

Postby KimberlyAnn » Thu Feb 13, 2014 12:32 am

GreenWing wrote:That is so creative and cool KimberlyAnn! Are you on etsy? Where can we buy? ;)

Pajarita... regarding vine garlands, can parrots chew grape vines?

Oops, I didn't see this before. And no, not on etsy. No time! Lol I can't take on any new projects or my family will kill me! Lol

But it's so easy to make, I bet you could do it. I stuffed her bridge with rosemary today and she went wild with it. My house smells like an herbal bomb went off. Lol

I also made a toy with a dried corn cob with corn on it to see what she would do. It was just an inch of it and it's gone too. First time she has had corn since I see it as junk food. I don't think I will give her that anytime again soon. Lol too much corn for one day.
My family: "Emmi" Green Cheek Conure (12/15/2012), One husband, two step kids, and one baby boy born in January 2015!
KimberlyAnn
Amazon

Number of Birds Owned: 1
Types of Birds Owned: Green Cheek Conure

Postby marie83 » Thu Feb 13, 2014 7:46 am

KimberlyAnn wrote:

I also made a toy with a dried corn cob with corn on it to see what she would do. It was just an inch of it and it's gone too. First time she has had corn since I see it as junk food. I don't think I will give her that anytime again soon. Lol too much corn for one day.

We do this for Ollie too, he very rarely eats any though, he just likes making as much noise as he can by dropping it on the floor piece by piece. We get the whole ones for him and it never lasts long at all, he would strip an inch long piece in minutes.
marie83
Cockatoo

Number of Birds Owned: 2
Types of Birds Owned: Yellow sided Green Cheek Conure
Pineapple Green Cheek Conure

Postby JewelsinMo » Tue Apr 29, 2014 5:53 pm

I bought some cholla, 6" long, but can anyone tell me how to clean it so it is safe for my bird to chew? Have read to boil it, but it does look a bit grubby down in the holes.

Thanks!
JewelsinMo
Parakeet

Number of Birds Owned: 1
Types of Birds Owned: Severe Macaw
Flight: No

Previous

Return to Toys, Accessories, and DIY