Trained Parrot BlogParrot Wizard Online Parrot Toy StoreThe Parrot Forum

NU Perches

Share ideas for making your own parrot toys. What are the best things for parrots to play with? Show pictures of parrots with toys.

NU Perches

Postby meowzero » Fri Jan 24, 2014 10:48 pm

My bird loves them. I got 3 and put them up in his cage. He loves to sit on them, play on them, and chew on them. These perches are so soft, they won't last long. My bird has almost chewed through 1 of them in less than a week. They're both a toy and a perch.
meowzero
Parrotlet

Number of Birds Owned: 1
Types of Birds Owned: Rose Breasted Cockatoo
Flight: Yes

Re: NU Perches

Postby Michael » Sat Jan 25, 2014 12:10 am

Well yeah. But at $8-$10 each, it's a fantastic deal on a week's worth of pleasure. Furniture, moldings, etc all cost more! Kili prefers to chew her NU perches rather than play with toys. Truman on the other hand destroys them by pooping all over them rather than chewing them... to each his own right?
Michael
Macaw

Number of Birds Owned: 3
Types of Birds Owned: Senegal Parrot, Cape Parrot, Green-Winged Macaw

Re: NU Perches

Postby KwwB » Wed May 07, 2014 3:33 pm

I recently rescued a red-lored amazon from a family who couldn't spend much time with her anymore. He cage had an assortment of natural branches, the perch that definitely came with the cage, and a concrete perch. I bought five medium NU perches, three for her cage and two for training perches I'm making. It took her awhile to figure out that she liked the NU perches but now she LOVES them. She doesn't chew on them thankfully but she does sleep on one now which goes to show how much more comfortable it is for her! :amazon: :thumbsup:
KwwB
Parakeet

Number of Birds Owned: 1
Types of Birds Owned: Red-lored Amazon

Return to Toys, Accessories, and DIY