Trained Parrot BlogParrot Wizard Online Parrot Toy StoreThe Parrot Forum

PVC - Good or Bad?

Share ideas for making your own parrot toys. What are the best things for parrots to play with? Show pictures of parrots with toys.

Re: PVC - Good or Bad?

Postby Pajarita » Sat Oct 04, 2014 11:40 am

I wrapped a dowel on top of a playgym (couldn't get it off) with natural, untreated sisal rope. It took a while to get it all the way around and nice and even but it worked great.
Pajarita
Norwegian Blue

Number of Birds Owned: 30
Types of Birds Owned: RoseBreasted too, CAG, DoubleYellowHead Amazon, BlueFront Amazon, YellowNape Amazon, Senegal, African Redbelly, Quaker, Sun Conure, Nanday, BlackCap Caique, WhiteBelly Caique, PeachFace lovebird, budgies,
Flight: Yes

Postby DanaandPod » Tue Dec 09, 2014 6:20 pm

What about apple tree wood? It must be okay right? I think I can go to some local orchids here...usually they trim and have branches in garbage piles that I may be able to make something of a table tree out of. Do I have to make sure all the bark is off? Do I have to bake it? If so, how long and whatnot? thnx
Piccolo and Pod
DanaandPod
Poicephalus

Number of Birds Owned: 3
Types of Birds Owned: male Jardines parrot, a female meyers parrot, and two budgies

Postby Harpmaker » Tue Dec 09, 2014 7:40 pm

Freezing overnight should kill any bugs in the wood. But leave the bark and small branches on so the birds can have fun stripping the branch.
Harpmaker
Amazon

Number of Birds Owned: 1
Types of Birds Owned: Meyer's Parrot

Previous

Return to Toys, Accessories, and DIY