Trained Parrot BlogParrot Wizard Online Parrot Toy StoreThe Parrot Forum

New Bongs

Share ideas for making your own parrot toys. What are the best things for parrots to play with? Show pictures of parrots with toys.

New Bongs

Postby lrhodes91 » Wed May 06, 2015 10:50 am

Hi Everyone!

I just purchased a bong for each of my parrots. I'm so excited to have them hung!!! I have wanted one for them for awhile now. I hope they like them as much as I like them!!! LOL My question is what is the best way to hang them? Is there anywhere I can find instructions to hang them? They came with no hanging instructions. I was hoping to hang them in the room where they have their daily out of cage play time. Any thoughts, ideas, or suggestions of where I can find instructions would be much appreciated!!!

Thank so much!!!
Lyn
lrhodes91
Lovebird

Number of Birds Owned: 2
Types of Birds Owned: African Grey
Cockatiel
Flight: Yes

Re: New Bongs

Postby Wolf » Wed May 06, 2015 11:47 am

I have exactly one of these toys for my birds and there is only a metal lop at each end of the rope. Mine is mounted in one of my birds cages using a link that screws closed. You can screw a planter hook into your ceiling and use sisal rope to hang it from the hook low enough to help keep your bird from reaching your ceiling. I thought about getting more of them and hanging them from wooden curtain rods. You can use rope or any variety of long flexible items to lower them to whatever height that you need and the screw together links are pretty safe as it would be hard for a bird to get hung up in them, which is the main issue that you would be facing no matter how you choose to hang it.
Wolf
Macaw

Number of Birds Owned: 6
Types of Birds Owned: Senegal
African Grey (CAG)
Yellow Naped Amazon
2Celestial Parrotlet
Budgie

Re: New Bongs

Postby lrhodes91 » Wed May 06, 2015 4:03 pm

Wolf wrote:I have exactly one of these toys for my birds and there is only a metal lop at each end of the rope. Mine is mounted in one of my birds cages using a link that screws closed. You can screw a planter hook into your ceiling and use sisal rope to hang it from the hook low enough to help keep your bird from reaching your ceiling. I thought about getting more of them and hanging them from wooden curtain rods. You can use rope or any variety of long flexible items to lower them to whatever height that you need and the screw together links are pretty safe as it would be hard for a bird to get hung up in them, which is the main issue that you would be facing no matter how you choose to hang it.

Planter hook!!! What a GREAT IDEA, Wolf!!!! :D
lrhodes91
Lovebird

Number of Birds Owned: 2
Types of Birds Owned: African Grey
Cockatiel

Return to Toys, Accessories, and DIY