Trained Parrot BlogParrot Wizard Online Parrot Toy StoreThe Parrot Forum

Help from Large Parrot Owners?

Share ideas for making your own parrot toys. What are the best things for parrots to play with? Show pictures of parrots with toys.

Re: Help from Large Parrot Owners?

Postby goffins2015 » Sun Jun 14, 2015 7:59 am

Interesting - Thank you :)
goffins2015
Parakeet

Number of Birds Owned: 0
Flight: Yes

Postby liz » Mon Jun 15, 2015 7:10 am

liz wrote:She can't be distracted unless I take it from her.

I timed Myrtle yesterday evening. She was busy with her chain for 63 minutes before my son came over and she went to him.

Rambo will play in cardboard boxes for hours at a time. I set them up one inside the other until I have multiples connected. He turns them into apartments by chewing doorways.
liz
Macaw

Number of Birds Owned: 12
Types of Birds Owned: DYH Amazon Rambo
BF Amazon Myrtle
Cockatiels: Shadow Tammy Flutter Phoenix Jackie
Andy Impy Louise Twila Leroy

Postby goffins2015 » Mon Jun 15, 2015 7:32 am

Wow, that is fantastic, I was expecting far less. Thank you so much for timing it, too :)
goffins2015
Parakeet

Number of Birds Owned: 0

Postby Lori » Mon Jul 06, 2015 3:56 pm

Hi
I have to respond to Liz , my cockatoo will play with/in boxes for EVER I fill them with different toys amazing how fast a toy can be destroyed in a box! and how some things come flying Out of the box! LOL and a a really good box day the floor has to be swept with the large garage broom. :cockatoo:
Lori
Lovebird

Number of Birds Owned: 1
Types of Birds Owned: Lesser Sulpher Crest Cockatoo
Flight: No

Postby liz » Mon Jul 06, 2015 7:12 pm

Myrtle has a toy box on top of the freezer. I see a birdy butt then she comes up with a toy. Toys don't keep her as busy as the shower ring chains.

Both of them want the bell that is in a ball and in a ball. After a while they get so angry that they throw it on the floor. So far the dogs have been able to dodge them.

He has been wanting big bird owners to answer him. Amazons are not really that big but I was the only one answering him.

Glad you jumped in.
liz
Macaw

BF Amazon Myrtle

Postby Pajarita » Tue Jul 07, 2015 10:04 am

Lori wrote:Hi
I have to respond to Liz , my cockatoo will play with/in boxes for EVER I fill them with different toys amazing how fast a toy can be destroyed in a box! and how some things come flying Out of the box! LOL and a a really good box day the floor has to be swept with the large garage broom. :cockatoo:

Yes, cockattos do that. Mine always has two boxes, one on top of a cage and the other under it.
Pajarita
Norwegian Blue

Number of Birds Owned: 30
Types of Birds Owned: RoseBreasted too, CAG, DoubleYellowHead Amazon, BlueFront Amazon, YellowNape Amazon, Senegal, African Redbelly, Quaker, Sun Conure, Nanday, BlackCap Caique, WhiteBelly Caique, PeachFace lovebird, budgies,

Postby liz » Tue Jul 07, 2015 10:08 am

Pajarita wrote:
Lori wrote:Hi

Yes, cockattos do that. Mine always has two boxes, one on top of a cage and the other under it.

Pajarita, tell goffin about your Toos. He is doing research.
liz
Macaw

BF Amazon Myrtle

Postby Pajarita » Wed Jul 08, 2015 10:10 am

I would not mind doing it, Liz, but he was asking specific questions that I cannot answer because my birds don't really play with toys... Freddy loves boxes and can stay in them for a long period of time, apparently doing nothing but resting his beak on the bottom of it while his butt is up in the air - and, as to playing, the thing he likes doing best is picking up the water bowls and throwing them one by one on the floor or chewing the moldings and the walls :lol:
Pajarita
Norwegian Blue

Number of Birds Owned: 30
Types of Birds Owned: RoseBreasted too, CAG, DoubleYellowHead Amazon, BlueFront Amazon, YellowNape Amazon, Senegal, African Redbelly, Quaker, Sun Conure, Nanday, BlackCap Caique, WhiteBelly Caique, PeachFace lovebird, budgies,

Previous

Return to Toys, Accessories, and DIY