Trained Parrot BlogParrot Wizard Online Parrot Toy StoreThe Parrot Forum

A money saving life hack

Share ideas for making your own parrot toys. What are the best things for parrots to play with? Show pictures of parrots with toys.

A money saving life hack

Postby Chantilly » Fri Dec 04, 2015 12:13 am

If you are looking to buy wiffle balls to make foraging toys for your parrot, or even just as a foot toy.. DONT BUY WIFFLE BALLS! You can buy wiffle balls, cat toys (both are expensive) OR.. you can buy practise golf balls. They are the exact same thing, just allot cheaper. I got a pack off about 8(I think) wiffle balls for $6.00AUS dollars.
I could also get a pack off 16 for $8.00AUS dollars. Or I can buy one wiffle ball cat toy or bird toy for $4.00AUS dollars. The only difference is the price.
Would you rather pay $0.75/0.50 dollars or $4.00 for a wiffle ball? Buying the one that says CAT or BIRD turns out to be a rip-off (no offense anybody!)
note that I am talking about wiffle balls without bells.
Anyways sorry for going on. I am glad that my Dad realised that wiffle balls and practice golf balls are the same thing, and just thought you guys might like to know. :swaying:
cheers
Chantilly
And anthough she be little, she is fierce ~Shakespeare
- Tilly & Shrek
Chantilly
Amazon

Number of Birds Owned: 2
Types of Birds Owned: Cinnamon green cheek conure & Yellow Scaly x Rainbow lorikeet, Chickens & Ducks
Flight: Yes

Re: A money saving life hack

Postby Wolf » Fri Dec 04, 2015 2:09 am

Thanks
Wolf
Macaw

Number of Birds Owned: 6
Types of Birds Owned: Senegal
African Grey (CAG)
Yellow Naped Amazon
2Celestial Parrotlet
Budgie

Postby liz » Fri Dec 04, 2015 6:15 am

Wolf wrote:Thanks

Do you know what "hack" is? I am running as fast as I can and just can't catch up.
liz
Macaw

Number of Birds Owned: 12
Types of Birds Owned: DYH Amazon Rambo
BF Amazon Myrtle
Cockatiels: Shadow Tammy Flutter Phoenix Jackie
Andy Impy Louise Twila Leroy

Postby Pajarita » Fri Dec 04, 2015 11:23 am

Great suggestion! Thanks!
Pajarita
Norwegian Blue

Number of Birds Owned: 30
Types of Birds Owned: RoseBreasted too, CAG, DoubleYellowHead Amazon, BlueFront Amazon, YellowNape Amazon, Senegal, African Redbelly, Quaker, Sun Conure, Nanday, BlackCap Caique, WhiteBelly Caique, PeachFace lovebird, budgies,

Postby shiraartain » Fri Dec 04, 2015 5:13 pm

Liz, a hack is a sort of trick to get ahead. So a life hack is a tip to make your life easier.

Regarding the wiffle balls, I bought a pack that cost $5-6 from an American chain called "Five Below" over the summer. For American members, I highly recommend checking out the dollar store and stores like Five Below (everything $5 or less) for toy supplies!
shiraartain
Poicephalus

Number of Birds Owned: 1
Types of Birds Owned: Yellow-Sided Green Cheek Conure, Quaker, Ringneck

Postby liz » Sat Dec 05, 2015 7:26 am

The word does not feel like a good description of it's purpose.

Sorry to slow down the thread. You just have to make allowances for old timers.

Thank you.
liz
Macaw

Number of Birds Owned: 12
Types of Birds Owned: DYH Amazon Rambo
BF Amazon Myrtle
Cockatiels: Shadow Tammy Flutter Phoenix Jackie
Andy Impy Louise Twila Leroy

Postby Chantilly » Sun Dec 06, 2015 11:03 pm

Good idea shiratin :)
Sorry liz if I missuesed it, Yes, a 'life hack', i think is a tip or trick to save time or money(as Shiratin said) though I would describe hack as to get acces to something that you are not meant to get access to. Or to cut/chop lol.
Please excuse my spelling where I make mistakes, Apple really should make their keyboard a bit bigger.
:)
- Tilly & Shrek
Chantilly
Amazon

Types of Birds Owned: Cinnamon green cheek conure & Yellow Scaly x Rainbow lorikeet, Chickens & Ducks

Postby DanaandPod » Mon Dec 21, 2015 3:18 pm

I baught a pack of six for a buck at goodwill. :p. And, while I'm bragging, got a giant cage for free off of free cycle.com for my budgies. They love it so much that they are hardly hanging out in the parrots cage anymore. Not that he ever minds it. Now, I'm trying to barter for a cage for my parrot. I've had to be more resourceful than most people throughout my life... So be it.
Piccolo and Pod
DanaandPod
Poicephalus

Number of Birds Owned: 3
Types of Birds Owned: male Jardines parrot, a female meyers parrot, and two budgies

Postby Chantilly » Wed Dec 23, 2015 1:01 am

DanaandPod wrote:I baught a pack of six for a buck at goodwill. :p. And, while I'm bragging, got a giant cage for free off of free cycle.com for my budgies. They love it so much that they are hardly hanging out in the parrots cage anymore. Not that he ever minds it. Now, I'm trying to barter for a cage for my parrot. I've had to be more resourceful than most people throughout my life... So be it.

Nice! ;)
- Tilly & Shrek
Chantilly
Amazon

Return to Toys, Accessories, and DIY