Trained Parrot BlogParrot Wizard Online Parrot Toy StoreThe Parrot Forum

Awful Amazon (online store) Toy Purchase Experience.

Share ideas for making your own parrot toys. What are the best things for parrots to play with? Show pictures of parrots with toys.

Awful Amazon (online store) Toy Purchase Experience.

Postby shiraartain » Tue Jan 05, 2016 4:58 pm

I ordered some natural wooden beads for Fajr (He likes playing around with large wooden shapes that are slightly smaller than his head), and a hanging bird toy for Lemon and Clover's cage. The wooden beads are fine and he enjoyed them, but there was a funky smell when I opened the bird toy. I thought maybe it was just me, but when I examined it more closely, I realized...it was moldy.

1) The birds could have died if I had given it to them without noticing it

2) One of my sisters is allergic to mold.

I tried to refund it online, but it told me I had to return the package in order to do so. A waste of time and energy, so I called in and they refunded me without requiring me to return the toy.

To clarify, Amazon is a website where independent vendors can sell their products. The bird toy I ordered was an add-on item, meaning it was fulfilled by Amazon. I'm sure there are trustworthy independent vendors on there, but I wanted to share my experience with anyone else who was considering it against ordering bird toys directly from Amazon, as opposed to the third parties selling on there.

They offered to replace it, but I took the refund as after this, I don't trust them and have no way to ensure that future bird toys don't have mold not visible from the outside.
shiraartain
Poicephalus

Number of Birds Owned: 1
Types of Birds Owned: Yellow-Sided Green Cheek Conure, Quaker, Ringneck
Flight: Yes

Re: Awful Amazon (online store) Toy Purchase Experience.

Postby Chantilly » Tue Jan 05, 2016 10:31 pm

Wow that is awful! Thankyou for this warning. :shock:
And anthough she be little, she is fierce ~Shakespeare
- Tilly & Shrek
Chantilly
Amazon

Number of Birds Owned: 2
Types of Birds Owned: Cinnamon green cheek conure & Yellow Scaly x Rainbow lorikeet, Chickens & Ducks
Flight: Yes

Return to Toys, Accessories, and DIY