Trained Parrot BlogParrot Wizard Online Parrot Toy StoreThe Parrot Forum

New Invention!

Share ideas for making your own parrot toys. What are the best things for parrots to play with? Show pictures of parrots with toys.

New Invention!

Postby galeriagila » Sun Sep 25, 2016 3:51 pm

Thank you one and all, for looking... you are saving many innocent disinterested bystanders among family and friends who will not be harassed into watching yet another batch of Rickeybird antics. It's just that I think evrything he does is so delightful! Y'all get me!

I can't decide whether or not to call this a trick or an invention of a percussion instrument.
Let's go with percussion.
PRESENTING... The Rickeybird playing instruments which he recently invented: Percussion Links.
He plays one...
Then two...
Then three at once...

Bravo!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P6Ip40tVbBA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jwhcwoMZU4Q

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ixs1OJVEvBI
galeriagila
Amazon

Number of Birds Owned: 1
Types of Birds Owned: 32-year-old Patagonian Conure
Flight: Yes

Re: New Invention!

Postby liz » Mon Sep 26, 2016 6:59 am

I am always amazed at what they consider as toys. Myrtle was opening the rings holding the shower curtains and letting the curtains fall. I gave her a chain of shower curtain rings and she plays on that chain for hours. Rambo like cereal boxes. I put two new ones on the counter and Rambo is working on freeing the bag of cereal from the box. He does not open the bags but chews the heck out of the boxes.
liz
Macaw

Number of Birds Owned: 12
Types of Birds Owned: DYH Amazon Rambo
BF Amazon Myrtle
Cockatiels: Shadow Tammy Flutter Phoenix Jackie
Andy Impy Louise Twila Leroy

Postby galeriagila » Mon Sep 26, 2016 8:54 am

The best toys are in the kitchen and bathroom. often!

There's almost no predicting what the Rbird will like. That's why I rarely buy toys! But I took a chance and got these colorful little links and he loves them.

Almost as much as he likes crumpled-up paper.
galeriagila
Amazon

Number of Birds Owned: 1
Types of Birds Owned: 32-year-old Patagonian Conure

Postby seagoatdeb » Mon Sep 26, 2016 3:44 pm

Sunny likes to take thing apart right now, and dump things over, and open and shut cage doors. Gaguan likes to chew on pine blocks and hang upside down a lot and chew on things, so i am making different toys for them right now. Sunny is always trying to dump over my water glass, and I have to really pay attention to what he is doing or he will knock everything off my end table...lol
seagoatdeb
African Grey

Number of Birds Owned: 2
Types of Birds Owned: Red Belly Poicephalus and a Meyers Poicephalus

Postby liz » Tue Sep 27, 2016 6:16 am

I buy wooden spoons, wash them and give them to the birds. They love to chew them up. I use branches for perches so they can pick at them too.
We have been finding Aunt Betty's jewelry all over the house. Myrtle has learned how to pop her jewelry box open and close it again. She did this to Rachel's jewelry that was in a container with drawers.

I thought my days of raising kids was over but Rambo and Myrtle are like raising my kids again. They sort of have the personality of my kids.
liz
Macaw

Number of Birds Owned: 12
Types of Birds Owned: DYH Amazon Rambo
BF Amazon Myrtle
Cockatiels: Shadow Tammy Flutter Phoenix Jackie
Andy Impy Louise Twila Leroy

Postby Pajarita » Tue Sep 27, 2016 11:46 am

:lol: He is playing a birdy tambourine!
Pajarita
Norwegian Blue

Number of Birds Owned: 30
Types of Birds Owned: RoseBreasted too, CAG, DoubleYellowHead Amazon, BlueFront Amazon, YellowNape Amazon, Senegal, African Redbelly, Quaker, Sun Conure, Nanday, BlackCap Caique, WhiteBelly Caique, PeachFace lovebird, budgies,

Return to Toys, Accessories, and DIY