Trained Parrot BlogParrot Wizard Online Parrot Toy StoreThe Parrot Forum

Pictures of Parrots With Toys

Share ideas for making your own parrot toys. What are the best things for parrots to play with? Show pictures of parrots with toys.

Re: Pictures of Parrots With Toys

Postby seagoatdeb » Sun Oct 11, 2015 7:25 pm

This is an atom toy I made for the Meyers and it cost me less than $15 Canadian to make.
Attachments
IMG_20150915_084344~2.jpg
IMG_20150915_084344~2.jpg (130.83 KiB) Viewed 22005 times
seagoatdeb
African Grey

Number of Birds Owned: 2
Types of Birds Owned: Red Belly Poicephalus and a Meyers Poicephalus
Flight: Yes

Postby Chantilly » Thu Dec 03, 2015 11:59 pm

The toy in the background is one of her favourites. :D Also along with it is a toy I made out of a wiffle ball with a bell insidel, shreddable paper, and jute. She absolutely loves... or hates?? bells.
Attachments
image.jpg
Tilly on a rainbow perch...
And anthough she be little, she is fierce ~Shakespeare
- Tilly & Shrek
Chantilly
Amazon

Types of Birds Owned: Cinnamon green cheek conure & Yellow Scaly x Rainbow lorikeet, Chickens & Ducks

Postby Pajarita » Fri Dec 04, 2015 11:24 am

:lol: That's a good question because, in most instances, when people say the bird loves to play with this or that toy and they show you a video, the bird is actually attacking the toy.
Pajarita
Norwegian Blue

Number of Birds Owned: 30
Types of Birds Owned: RoseBreasted too, CAG, DoubleYellowHead Amazon, BlueFront Amazon, YellowNape Amazon, Senegal, African Redbelly, Quaker, Sun Conure, Nanday, BlackCap Caique, WhiteBelly Caique, PeachFace lovebird, budgies,

Postby Chantilly » Fri Dec 04, 2015 9:07 pm

Haha, yes! Do you think when they ever so aggressivly attack the toy they like it? Because like, they will spend soo much time playing with that one toy, and yet seem to hate it so much!
And anthough she be little, she is fierce ~Shakespeare
- Tilly & Shrek
Chantilly
Amazon

Types of Birds Owned: Cinnamon green cheek conure & Yellow Scaly x Rainbow lorikeet, Chickens & Ducks

Postby seagoatdeb » Sat Mar 12, 2016 8:24 pm

yeah sometimes it is to take out thier agression, but I have seen so much of what i call real play that I have no doubt that parrots love to play.....Their likes of what they like to play with change, right now Sunny my Meyers thinks his cage door and his big sand-type perch that i keep outside the cage for him are the fun things to play with. He will make the door swing back and forth while on the perch and he will ride on the swinging door and jump back on the sand perch.....it is very funny to watch him. Gaugan, my Red Bellys favorite toys right now to play with are are a big setup I made in the dining room with 4 hanging toys and a rope conecting them all with all kinds of foraging toys and chewables and a box of foot toys she can reach on a stand, and she will spend hours in there where she wont be bothered by Sunny who will not go into a room I am not in....lol....Her other favorite thing to do right now is from the outside of her cage she will open her water or food dish holder and crawl into her cage from that open space. Sunny spends most of his day on my living room setup with 4 hanging toys and a large playstand with all kinds of foraging toys and foot toys, and he will hang with one foot upside down and chew on things, and make them swing. I really have two characters in these two Pois.
seagoatdeb
African Grey

Types of Birds Owned: Red Belly Poicephalus and a Meyers Poicephalus

Postby galeriagila » Thu Jun 02, 2016 7:31 pm

Recently, a wonderfully kind guy gave the Rickeybird some toys (which the guy's Amazon had rejected... you know how that goes)! I want to share.

#1 - Here he is, giving this thing a piece of his mind before attacking it.
#2 - Here he is, pummeling a plastic foraging toy with a chile pepper. For some reason, he loves to beat up certain toys with a chile. He grabs the chile and whacks the toy into submission!
#3 - He's doing happy battle with a string of wooden chunks.
#4 - Okay, this takes some explaining. He likes to pick some toys up and shake them. Buttttt... sometimes the toy attacks back, like in this case: it bounced up and smacked him on the head. It's very bouncey!!! What you see is a tail-feather as our little warrior beats a hasty retreat. But... he'll be ba-a-a-a-a-a-a-ck!!!!

galeriagila
Amazon

Number of Birds Owned: 1
Types of Birds Owned: 32-year-old Patagonian Conure

Postby Pajarita » Fri Jun 03, 2016 11:22 am

:lol: Awwww, poor Rickeybird! Mean mean toy that slapped him back!
Pajarita
Norwegian Blue

Types of Birds Owned: RoseBreasted too, CAG, DoubleYellowHead Amazon, BlueFront Amazon, YellowNape Amazon, Senegal, African Redbelly, Quaker, Sun Conure, Nanday, BlackCap Caique, WhiteBelly Caique, PeachFace lovebird, budgies,

Postby galeriagila » Sat Jun 04, 2016 2:31 pm

It's a love-hate relationship!
He can't leave it alone but he hates it!!!!
Tells it HELLO and NO!
He'll pick it up and whack it, but if it gets loose from his beak, it bounces and likely thumps him. Then he has to run away and collect himself. If looks could kill! He'll stare it until he gets his nerve up and then attack!!!!
galeriagila
Amazon

Postby Pajarita » Sun Jun 05, 2016 10:31 am

Well, who can blame him? The stupid toy doesn't know its place! :lol:
Pajarita
Norwegian Blue

Postby galeriagila » Sun Jun 05, 2016 12:31 pm

Indeed! King Rickeybird is not amused!
galeriagila
Amazon

PreviousNext

Return to Toys, Accessories, and DIY