Trained Parrot BlogParrot Wizard Online Parrot Toy StoreThe Parrot Forum

dyed my wood

Share ideas for making your own parrot toys. What are the best things for parrots to play with? Show pictures of parrots with toys.

dyed my wood

Postby Zorro_the_bhc_2015 » Thu Aug 30, 2018 1:53 am

just finished dyeing wood i use this wood for rescues mostly and toys people want to buy occasionally.
p.s. those who are wondering i used 32oz bottle of 70% rubbing alcohol and vittacritter dye (u can also use wiltsons icing color or food coloring)

Zorro_the_bhc_2015
Lovebird

Number of Birds Owned: 1
Flight: Yes

Re: dyed my wood

Postby Pajarita » Thu Aug 30, 2018 9:40 am

Do you need to rinse them after they dry to get all the alcohol and stuff in it out?
Pajarita
Norwegian Blue

Number of Birds Owned: 30
Types of Birds Owned: RoseBreasted too, CAG, DoubleYellowHead Amazon, BlueFront Amazon, YellowNape Amazon, Senegal, African Redbelly, Quaker, Sun Conure, Nanday, BlackCap Caique, WhiteBelly Caique, PeachFace lovebird, budgies,

Re: dyed my wood

Postby Zorro_the_bhc_2015 » Sat Sep 01, 2018 9:51 am

No thats why you use the alcohol instead water. It litterly evaorates in minutes leaving behind the color. Just to be safe your not supposed to use them for first 24hrs after. Water takes to long to dry and can cause mold. It also sanitizes the wood.
Zorro_the_bhc_2015
Lovebird

Number of Birds Owned: 1

Return to Toys, Accessories, and DIY