Trained Parrot BlogParrot Wizard Online Parrot Toy StoreThe Parrot Forum

What are your parrot's favorite toys?

Share ideas for making your own parrot toys. What are the best things for parrots to play with? Show pictures of parrots with toys.

Re: What are your parrot's favorite toys?

Postby lzver » Sun Apr 04, 2010 3:07 pm

Lucy loves the paper shredder toys ... without a doubt those are her favorite toys. Only thing that drives me crazy is you spend $15 on one and she has it gone within 24 - 48 hours. Good thing is we went to the 'All About Pets Show' in Toronto yesterday and picked a couple up for $8 each. We got 10 toys/perches for a little over $80 at the show yesterday. He also loves anything with pieces of wood on it ... she's definitely a chewer.

Jessie loves his acrylic toys with dice and bells hanging. He loves to hang upside down and swing back and forth right beside them ... you can tell he's happy as can be, but man does it ever make a lot of noise :) Doesn't bother me, but my step-kids says it drives them crazy when they are trying to sleep in. Jessie also loves those balls that has the leather straps, ropes and pieces of wood wrapped in paper. Again, those are usually destroyed within a couple of days.

I think Michael showed a picture of Kili with a toy made out of pasta. I'll have to try that, because I just started giving Lucy and Jessie raw and cooked pasta and they love it. So I'll have to make a toy out of it and I'm sure Lucy will love chewing on the raw pasta.

Laura
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Laura's Bird World Blog - http://laurasbirdworld.blogspot.com/
Jessie - Senegal
Lucy - Red Bellied
Kylie - Meyers
lzver
Amazon

Number of Birds Owned: 3
Types of Birds Owned: 1 Senegal; 1 Red-Bellied; 1 Meyers
Flight: Yes

Postby aarenlainey » Mon Apr 05, 2010 5:38 am

I like the Snack Rack Bird Toy, a Puzzle Wheel, cardboard shredder boxes, and an acrylic “treasure chest” with two keys that need to be turned and pulled to reveal the treat.MY parrots enjoy with toys.
aarenlainey
Parakeet

Number of Birds Owned: 0

Postby TheNzJessie » Wed Apr 07, 2010 11:47 pm

my budgie loves anything that makes noise (AND A LOT OF IT!) or something he can destroy, so where talking, bell toys, perches with the bark on them, wooden play gyms, rope hangs
Qwil-:budgie:
Jango-:rainbow:
Jessie-ME
:)
TheNzJessie
African Grey

Number of Birds Owned: 2
Types of Birds Owned: Rainbow lorikeet
Budgie

Postby TheNzJessie » Thu Apr 15, 2010 11:22 pm

parrotsaver:

hey if you dont have a lot of money to spend u can buy the little cat balls that have the bell in them and you can attach it to the top of the cage with a twisty tie that way the budgie can knock it around and have fun with it as i fond my budgie doesnt play with the ones on the bottom of his cage, you can also use the plasic key ring type object you have put it around his perch thats another way to relive bordem and also simple baby toys liek the plastic keys they love toys like that and you should be able to pick these items up at any dollar store
Jessie-ME
TheNzJessie
African Grey

Budgie

Postby Titanius » Tue Apr 20, 2010 8:29 pm

Jasper hasn't really played with anything much in his cage. I think his favorite toy at the moment is my computer desk. He doesn't bite it or anything but he loves just running around on it. I seriously have to get on with finding him some more toys to play with once he gets better acclimated with his cage. .I've heard you can use cut up paper towel rolls as shreddable toys. Is this safe?
Titanius
Conure

Types of Birds Owned: Cockatiel

Postby TheNzJessie » Sun Jun 06, 2010 9:20 pm

my lorikeets fav toy right now is me, hes at the clingy cuddly stage, hes 12 and a half weeks.
Jessie-ME
TheNzJessie
African Grey

Budgie

Postby Chicklet » Sun Jun 06, 2010 10:06 pm

My sun conure's favorite toys are anything he can destroy! but the little cat balls with the bells in them come in a close second. He'll take the ball and roll onto his back while trying to take the bell out of the ball :p

My senegal's favorite toys are BELLS, she attacks them violently, then holds them like a cup, sticks her head inside and picks at it until the little bar inside comes off. The best was the macaw sized bell I gave her. She LOVED it and loved the challenge of bending the much stronger metal, it took her 4 months to get the middle out of it :p

Out of the budgies, Finn likes reflective surfaces and hanging greens best; George and Ralph both love hanging greens and bells.
Rista~Senegal
Briar~Sun Conure
Finn~Budgie
George~Budgie
Ralph~Budgie
Chicklet
Cockatiel

Number of Birds Owned: 5
Types of Birds Owned: Senegal. Sun Conure. Budgies.

Postby kimbo » Mon Jun 07, 2010 10:07 am

chico has a big thing about squeaky balls at the minute, i bought six in a pack with paw prints on and he has chewed everyone and got the squeaks out, now theres big holes in them and i hoover up the bits.
kimbo
Poicephalus

Number of Birds Owned: 1
Types of Birds Owned: one baby senegal
Flight: No

Previous

Return to Toys, Accessories, and DIY