Trained Parrot BlogParrot Wizard Online Parrot Toy StoreThe Parrot Forum

Air purifiers??

Share ideas for making your own parrot toys. What are the best things for parrots to play with? Show pictures of parrots with toys.

Air purifiers??

Postby Caun » Thu Jun 06, 2019 7:39 am

Currently, we have 3 air cleaners(the filter type). But they are like 15yrs old and starting to make odd noises. It's time to get something new.
I don't really like the ones we have, they are noisy and they blow air around.
Does anyone use those new kinds that are ionic?
I need something for right next to the bird cages in winter. I don't have hundreds to spend either but still, need a quality air purifier.
Suggestions are welcome.
My son and wife have allergies. They aren't allergic to the birds but still, I worry if I don't keep the tail dust down they might get allergic to them.
Caun
Parakeet

Number of Birds Owned: 2
Flight: No

Re: Air purifiers??

Postby Pajarita » Thu Jun 06, 2019 9:19 am

I use Honeywell towers (the 'Quietclean' kind) but I never turn on the ionizing feature (it's not good for birds). In truth, air purifiers for birds don't need to be expensive because all you want to remove from the air are the particulates and they all do that - the important thing is that they need to be much bigger than what is recommended for the size of the room they are servicing and that the filters are kept clean.
Pajarita
Norwegian Blue

Number of Birds Owned: 30
Types of Birds Owned: RoseBreasted too, CAG, DoubleYellowHead Amazon, BlueFront Amazon, YellowNape Amazon, Senegal, African Redbelly, Quaker, Sun Conure, Nanday, BlackCap Caique, WhiteBelly Caique, PeachFace lovebird, budgies,
Flight: Yes

Re: Air purifiers??

Postby Michael » Thu Jun 06, 2019 10:29 am

The filter gets plugged up with feathers and bird dust really quickly so you want a powerful one with a large surface area so that you’re not constantly cleaning it.
Michael
Macaw

Number of Birds Owned: 3
Types of Birds Owned: Senegal Parrot, Cape Parrot, Green-Winged Macaw
Flight: Yes

Return to Toys, Accessories, and DIY