Trained Parrot BlogParrot Wizard Online Parrot Toy StoreThe Parrot Forum

Fuzzy, warm, flat, cheap platforms

Share ideas for making your own parrot toys. What are the best things for parrots to play with? Show pictures of parrots with toys.

Fuzzy, warm, flat, cheap platforms

Postby Sekica » Sun Aug 22, 2010 6:59 am

Hey guys, I made this fuzzy "bridge" for my birds because they were looking for a flat surface to sleep on. I find that it works best for parrots that have foot/leg deformities or injuries because it's nice and soft, as well as warm and fun.

What you need: a happy hut, needle, thread, two perches

Pick the size of the happy hut based on how much space you want it to take, not by the size of your bird.

Undo the seams on the happy hut so that instead of it being a triangular shape, it is flat. Take the hooks out, you won't need them. You can re-use the hooks to hang toys so keep them. Using needle and thread, saw up the two shorter sides based on the perch size so that those ends will be an O shape. Put your two perches through the Os of the happy hut. Place the perches in the cage where you want them to go so that the happy hut bridge is nice and flat.

Once your birdie gets used to it, he will get to choose if he wants to sleep on the fuzzy covered perches, which provide a lot of support, but are soft and warm, or sleep between the perches where the happy hut bridge gives a bit under his weight.

It is very easy to take this out of the cage for hand washing so it stays nice and clean. In-between washing you can just wipe it with a damp cloth/towel without taking it out of the cage.
Sekica
Lovebird

Number of Birds Owned: 5
Types of Birds Owned: Budgies, Cockatiels
Flight: Yes

Return to Toys, Accessories, and DIY