Trained Parrot BlogParrot Wizard Online Parrot Toy StoreThe Parrot Forum

Question to people with java trees..

Share ideas for making your own parrot toys. What are the best things for parrots to play with? Show pictures of parrots with toys.

Question to people with java trees..

Postby tacotaco » Thu Dec 02, 2010 9:29 pm

Am I being picky or what? I ordered a java tree from kingscages.com (i've bought one from them in the past and i loved it) but this new one i received today has a big crack and one of the branches looks all torn up. From the original picture I chose it from on their website, it doesn't show this big blemished branch. I was quite disappointed when I got it today - i think the least they could've done was sand it down so it wasnt so sharp and ragged. Do you think it is something to try returning or should i just email them a complaint about it. I've only had one java tree in the past so I'm not sure if I was lucky with that one (since it's pretty perfect!) or if this should be taken as an issue.

please look at the pictures of it on my blog:
http://www.lifeistemp.blogspot.com

thanks! i appreciate anyone's input.
Charlie ~ Nanday Conure
Allegra ~ Gold Capped Conure
Willow ~ Blue fronted Amazon
Autumn ~ Nanday Conure
Kim ~ Me!
Our Blog ~ http://www.lifeistemp.blogspot.com
Our YouTube~ http://www.youtube.com/user/icanpwnUn00b?feature=mhum]
tacotaco
Poicephalus

Number of Birds Owned: 4
Types of Birds Owned: Nanday Conures (2), Gold Capped Conure, Blue fronted Amazon
Flight: Yes

Re: Question to people with java trees..

Postby Michael » Thu Dec 02, 2010 9:40 pm

Return it, get your money back, and buy Parrot Training Perches instead. They don't come busted up :mrgreen:
Michael
Macaw

Number of Birds Owned: 3
Types of Birds Owned: Senegal Parrot, Cape Parrot, Green-Winged Macaw

Postby tacotaco » Thu Dec 02, 2010 9:44 pm

Michael wrote:Return it, get your money back, and buy Parrot Training Perches instead. They don't come busted up :mrgreen:

michael, as always..i am not thankful for YOUR input. hahaha :thumbsup:
Charlie ~ Nanday Conure
Allegra ~ Gold Capped Conure
Willow ~ Blue fronted Amazon
Autumn ~ Nanday Conure
Kim ~ Me!
Our Blog ~ http://www.lifeistemp.blogspot.com
Our YouTube~ http://www.youtube.com/user/icanpwnUn00b?feature=mhum]
tacotaco
Poicephalus

Number of Birds Owned: 4
Types of Birds Owned: Nanday Conures (2), Gold Capped Conure, Blue fronted Amazon

Postby Michael » Thu Dec 02, 2010 10:22 pm

Seriously though, if you don't like it, you should tell them that and ask for another one.
Michael
Macaw

Number of Birds Owned: 3
Types of Birds Owned: Senegal Parrot, Cape Parrot, Green-Winged Macaw

Postby Kathleen » Thu Dec 02, 2010 10:30 pm

I think it's worth a try. If you contact them, maybe they will refund some portion of your money or send you an exchange.

If they don't, have you thought about sanding it yourself?

Natacha put some "vet wrap" around the branches of her trees: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=330 Maybe you could get some of that, wrap it around the bad branch, and protect it from flaking off more?
Kathleen
Amazon

Number of Birds Owned: 2

Postby Natacha » Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:16 pm

Things like this is why I'm happy I got to buy mine in person and been able to see them before I purchased them. Given the amount of money they are worth, it's nice when you are entirely satisfied with the product.

I've looked at your pictures - while I don't think I would have been happy with this discovery either, I don't think it's that terrible if you choose to keep it. You could cover it with vet wrap if concerned but again, in nature, I'm sure parrots perch on less than perfect branches as well and are perfectly fine :)
My blog http://poiworld.blogspot.com/
Videos of my birds http://www.youtube.com/user/poicephaluslady
Piper ~ Lovebird
Shade ~ Senegal
Joey & Pixel ~ Red-bellied parrots
Petey & Zuri ~ Meyer's parrots
Léa ~ Cape parrot
Natacha
African Grey

Number of Birds Owned: 7
Types of Birds Owned: PF Lovebird, Senegal Parrot, Red-bellied Parrots, Meyer's Parrot, Cape Parrot

Postby zazanomore » Fri Dec 03, 2010 11:23 am

Return it.
Bonnie - :budgie2:
Clyde - :budgie:
Einstein - :greycockatiel:
Alyssa - :thumbsup:
zazanomore
African Grey

Number of Birds Owned: 5
Types of Birds Owned: Cockatiels
Budgies

Postby largeparrot » Tue Dec 21, 2010 3:59 pm

Java trees are natural wood and so yes, they will have cracks. But the one in your picture is ridiculous. I would suggest calling Kings to see if they will replace your tree. My experience with Kings though has been mixed. They don't warranty any of their products, but sometimes you can catch them in a good mood and they will work nicely with you. Unfortunately, other times, it's a completely different story. I have friends who are dedicated to Kings products and others who have horror stories to tell.

But I'm sure it would be much easier for you now to just contact Kings and hope you catch them on a good day and get this resolved quickly and easily.
largeparrot
Parakeet

Number of Birds Owned: 0
Types of Birds Owned: Just about all of them.

Postby sidech » Tue Dec 21, 2010 4:27 pm

I buy Java trees for my fish tank and I bought one for my baby parrot. I'm very picky about them (as with anything else), and I always choose them so they are perfect.

So, if it were me, I would call them and let them know I am very disappointed with their product. This kind of crack is not acceptable. You wouldn't have bought it if you had been in a store. If they want your business, they'll fix their mistake, either by sending you another one free, and letting you keep this one, or by giving you a refund, so you can buy toys or other.

If they don't, well, customer care is not their strength, and don't buy from them anymore.
sidech
Poicephalus

Number of Birds Owned: 1
Types of Birds Owned: Red Sided Eclectus

Return to Toys, Accessories, and DIY