Trained Parrot BlogParrot Wizard Online Parrot Toy StoreThe Parrot Forum

how to make training perches for $10.00!!

Share ideas for making your own parrot toys. What are the best things for parrots to play with? Show pictures of parrots with toys.

Re: how to make training perches for $10.00!!

Postby Wolf » Mon Aug 11, 2014 10:27 pm

I always thought that 1 long tree branch and I short tree branch screwed together in a T share worked very well especially when the long branch is screwed securely into a base made of scrap 2X4s making the base for a total cost of less than two dollars. But hey that's just me and it is bird safe to boot.
Wolf
Macaw

Number of Birds Owned: 6
Types of Birds Owned: Senegal
African Grey (CAG)
Yellow Naped Amazon
2Celestial Parrotlet
Budgie
Flight: Yes

Re: how to make training perches for $10.00!!

Postby DanaandPod » Sat Jan 03, 2015 10:17 pm

LOL! Cool idea! Though, I do like the look and sturdy factor of my flight training perches. As far as PVC, I think it depends on the bird...some smaller birds or some birds don't or wouldn't chew on it. My parrot isn't interested in the perches except when its time to do the flight tricks. OR, to perch on infront of the window time to time. I thought about making a jungle gym or swing out of PvC, But, am also thinking that collecting apple tree branches and putting them together somehow...would be better. It is amazing, when he is out of his cage...he never ever goes to my dresser which is lined with all my hand strung bead neclaces... He is almost always next to me or trying to squeeze under small spaces under furniture... Or climbing my book case and knawing on my books. Pretty much he is predictable. Today I tried to paint and he continued to try and or leap onto my painting. He could not handle me not paying complete attention to him. It was just unbelievable. His foot prints are now all over my painting. It is true that if you are not spending quality time with the bird then out of cage time can become a bordome and frustration for them.
Piccolo and Pod
DanaandPod
Poicephalus

Number of Birds Owned: 3
Types of Birds Owned: male Jardines parrot, a female meyers parrot, and two budgies
Flight: Yes

Previous

Return to Toys, Accessories, and DIY