Trained Parrot BlogParrot Wizard Online Parrot Toy StoreThe Parrot Forum

HobbyLobbySeaLifePlasticNoveltyBeadsSafeResearchComplete

Share ideas for making your own parrot toys. What are the best things for parrots to play with? Show pictures of parrots with toys.

HobbyLobbySeaLifePlasticNoveltyBeadsSafeResearchComplete

Postby Maria » Wed Feb 06, 2013 1:45 pm

Hobby lobby sea life plastic novelty beads safe-research complete

SKU #: 965012

Link: http://shop.hobbylobby.com/products/sea ... ix-965012/

Currently 3 packages in my local store, store manager said to let him know if I like them, so that he can order and keep more in stock, because they order 3 pckgs at a time.

Researched through hobby lobby product safety and compliance department (content and compliance) contacted the manufacturer (“Bead Design Company”) – and also through emailing with the owner of kandykreation.com, “Liss (Leilani), when I also noticed they have them on their site with a statement: “and they also make great DIY bird toy parts” - - - at this link: - - - - http://www.kandykreation.com/servlet/th ... mal/Detail (when you get there, scroll down click on “detail description tab”, then scroll down a bit and you will see in the description info “and they also make great DIY bird toy parts!”). Kandy Kreations is a site for children’s crafts type products.

Hobby Lobby:
Type of plastic: GPPS (General Purpose Polystyrene polymer)
Beads have no coating or sealant
Non-Toxic beads
For the coloring for the beads: “Non-Toxic Color powder which mixes with the raw molding material

Kandy Kreations:
Also inquired with the beadery manufacturer:
“assured they are safe, non-toxic and meet all the USA requirements of children’s toys”

Liss also said these particular beads are made in the USA and have to adhere to the toy standards they have set for kids (non-toxic, etc.). She said they are the same beadery brand she sees at her local pet store they sell in DIY bird toy kits. She said the owner of that store had explained if the plastic beads aren’t coated with a finish (like something shiny) and that they are solid color throughout, they are good for bird toys.

She said her sister has birds and makes their toys with them too.

I presume these are safe for bird toys.

They are sold at hobby lobby:
$3.99 is now crossed out on the website, showing the $2.99 next to it.
with "25% off “Children's Crafts”" per the website, 65 beads in a package. They were reduced now rom 3.99 to 2.99.

Definitely worth it.

Some hobby lobby stores don’t have things set up in a “children’s crafts” section, just a “crafts” section, where are also located the children’s crafts.

I wanted to research and ask child safe and toxicity questions about them before I buy them, regarding bird safe criteria of course.

Kandy Kreations also has these too, which I have seen on a parrot toy I recently bought from the parrot shop: (see this link: http://www.kandykreation.com/servlet/th ... ony/Detail)
Maria
Maria
Poicephalus

Number of Birds Owned: 1
Types of Birds Owned: Double Yellow Headed Amazon
Flight: No

Return to Toys, Accessories, and DIY