Trained Parrot BlogParrot Wizard Online Parrot Toy StoreThe Parrot Forum

Hobby Lobby Inquiry-RE: STRINGING MATERIALS

Share ideas for making your own parrot toys. What are the best things for parrots to play with? Show pictures of parrots with toys.

Hobby Lobby Inquiry-RE: STRINGING MATERIALS

Postby Maria » Fri Feb 15, 2013 3:01 pm

Fri 2/15/2013 1:50 PM
To: 'talitha.blount@hobbylobby.com'
Subject: Inquiry on Stringing Materials

Talitha:
Since you did such a terrific job on getting me criteria answers for previous products, I was hoping you can help me again with the same thing for these products. As a matter of fact, several corporate customer service reps have done an excellent job with this kind of thing, from time to time, emailing me back the answers, for the children’s sake, as it never hurts to ask for safety reasons. Therefore, I was also wanting to send a little letter or note to ya’ll’s bosses, praising about what a wonderful job ya’ll do with this, but I don’t know where to send it. Let me know, and I could write this letter, and forward it to you, for the bosses, if you like. I am so pleased with the excellent help and customer service there.

These stringing materials will come against the skin on children making crafts, etc., (bracelets, keychains, necklaces, earings, etc.)

Therefore I would like to inquire about the below criteria about them, and if you please, oversee it being run through content and compliance, the manufacturers, and emailing me the answers back, so I can make my decisions as to which ones I’d like to buy for the children. Or let me know how you think this should be done best, because it might be too much at one time, if there is more than one manufacturer, etc. Would this be better done one type of stringing material at a time, for example? What ever you think is best for ya’ll. The items I’m inquiring on are below, as well as my criteria questioning. Thanks so much.

$5.99 Natural Sisal 3 ply 100 feet item # 253922 made in china , 2011 hobby lobby, Oklahoma city, OK 73179 hobbylobby.com

Natural Jute $4.00 #72 135 feet 4 ply item # 597104 same company name, info as above

Hemp ON-A-CORD $9.99 item # 219337 100% hemp 200 feet; made in hungary ©2011 On A Cord Oklahoma city, OK 73179

#24 Natural Twisted Cotton Cable Cord:
*** I also need to know if this is 100% cotton, with no fillers. ***
SKU 123588 $4.99 – 260 feet

Madagascar Long Raffia sku# 797597 $4.99 250 cubic inches

1/4" Oatmeal Matte Raffia sku# 370585 Color: Oatmeal Ribbon/Trim Width: 1/4"
Length: 60 Feet Brand: Hollywood Ribbon $1.99

The following criteria is what I am looking for the stringing materials to meet:
• Chemical free
• Unoiled (not oiled; UNoiled) [IE: ropes in hardware stores, they use oil on their
machines for the cutting process; these are not for crafts]
• natural
• non-toxic
• Untreated
• NON-deodorized (IE: no chemicals used to get the natural fragrance odor out of jute.
The jute plant has a natural fragrant. IE: There are deodorizing services for people’s
jute rugs.)
• No toxic cleaning or binding agents
• UN-sprayed, not treated in any way, pesticides, insecticides, or for fungal growth, in any
way.
• Not dyed

Maria
Maria
Maria
Poicephalus

Number of Birds Owned: 1
Types of Birds Owned: Double Yellow Headed Amazon
Flight: No

Return to Toys, Accessories, and DIY