Trained Parrot BlogParrot Wizard Online Parrot Toy StoreThe Parrot Forum

Birdie backpacks

Share ideas for making your own parrot toys. What are the best things for parrots to play with? Show pictures of parrots with toys.

Re: Birdie backpacks

Postby Strawfrawg » Mon May 20, 2013 1:59 pm

As I mentioned, I choose to wear my/Marvin's pack on the front of me. This way he is facing the direction of movement as if he were moving under his own steam, I can see what he's seeing, I can see if he needs better shade, nobody can sneak up on him without my knowing, and I can't forget he's there. People's regard for personal space prevents most from getting too close to him because it would mean getting too close to the front of ME. Not advisable. ;-)

Marvin continues to love his pack and I can now say I would definitely recommend them to all who are curious. The only downside is that if your particular bird doesn't like it, you've just spent a wad of cash that may be hard to get back!
Marvin Beakman - DNA sexed male Senegal
Strawfrawg
Conure

Number of Birds Owned: 1
Types of Birds Owned: Senegal Parrot
Flight: Yes

Postby janetafloat » Sun May 26, 2013 4:47 pm

I think this is so great - I hate going out and about and leaving Alfie shut up at home. I went for a really lovely walk this in the country around Bath this afternoon and thought of your backpack and how much I would have loved to have him along. I don't know how he'd take to it - he's not as laid back as Marvin - but I'd definitely give it a try as I really can't see him being okay with the harness any time soon. I'll have to save up and maybe next time I visit the US....
janetafloat
Poicephalus

Types of Birds Owned: Senegal

Postby Michael » Sun May 26, 2013 5:33 pm

Hi Janet, is that a new picture? What a sweet Sennie! :senegal:
Michael
Macaw

Number of Birds Owned: 3
Types of Birds Owned: Senegal Parrot, Cape Parrot, Green-Winged Macaw

Postby janetafloat » Mon May 27, 2013 12:12 am

Thanks Michael! Yes, I took it yesterday of Alfie doing his best 'Exorcist' impersonation, when he's really getting into a neck scratch and swivels his head 180 degrees so I can totally get to the right spot :D He is a sweetie (except when he isn't!)
janetafloat
Poicephalus

Types of Birds Owned: Senegal

Previous

Return to Toys, Accessories, and DIY