Trained Parrot BlogParrot Wizard Online Parrot Toy StoreThe Parrot Forum

Parrot Wizard Holiday Drive

Comment or discuss articles from the trained parrot blog.

Postby Michael » Tue Dec 17, 2013 9:46 am

Please help me decide which parrot organizations to support this holiday season. Share with your friends because the more compelling comments I get, the more donations the Parrot Wizard will be sending out!
Michael
Macaw

Number of Birds Owned: 3
Types of Birds Owned: Senegal Parrot, Cape Parrot, Green-Winged Macaw
Flight: Yes

Re: Parrot Wizard Holiday Drive

Postby eternalwhitemoon » Tue Dec 17, 2013 12:56 pm

I would like to nominate the Greater Chicago Cage Bird Club's rescue for donations. Here's why:

1) They have a large group of birds and a small staff. The staff is comprised of entirely volunteer members. The shelter is also recently opened, so they probably still need a large variety of stuff.

2) It's one of only two true rescues that I could find anywhere in the area (the other one is in Northbrook, who I tried to rehome some budgies with and was not particularly happy with the response of "separate them and our fee to take them in is $400 per bird"). You would think that being that this is the Chicago area I'd find more rescues, but this is apparently not the case. Found plenty of breeders, though.

3) The club which the shelter is formed from has a vast variety of resources on bird care--including a link to your article about flighted parrots on their Facebook page! They truly care about their birds and already agree with some of your core viewpoints.

I sincerely believe that they have both the need and the appreciation for some donations from the Parrot Wizard himself. :)
eternalwhitemoon
Parakeet

Number of Birds Owned: 2
Types of Birds Owned: Cockatiel
Flight: Yes

Return to TrainedParrot.com - Parrot Training Blog Comments