Trained Parrot BlogParrot Wizard Online Parrot Toy StoreThe Parrot Forum

Andy McIntosh Presents Avian Flight and Alternate View on Or

Comment or discuss articles from the trained parrot blog.

Andy McIntosh Presents Avian Flight and Alternate View on Or

Postby Michael » Mon May 25, 2015 3:14 pm

Andy McIntosh Presents Avian Flight and Alternate View on Origins

Video interview with Professor Andy McIntosh about avian flight and a different view on origins straight from my bird room and with the help of Kili, Truman, and Santina.
Michael
Macaw

Number of Birds Owned: 3
Types of Birds Owned: Senegal Parrot, Cape Parrot, Green-Winged Macaw
Flight: Yes

Re: Andy McIntosh Presents Avian Flight and Alternate View on Or

Postby Wolf » Wed May 27, 2015 8:40 am

I fail to comprehend why it must be one way or the other. Creation or evolution? Why do you suppose that we mostly look at it this way instead of creation and evolution? A long time ago I read a translation of an ancient religious text from the region of Iraq and Iran and it struck me at how much the story of creation in it resembled modern genetic manipulation. I guess that this is a point for creation, but the manipulation was carried out over time using species of what was already here which points to evolution having been a part of the process. Very few things in nature or in life as a whole are either or but usually a combination of this and that. So I seriously doubt that it would be one or the other.
Wolf
Macaw

Number of Birds Owned: 6
Types of Birds Owned: Senegal
African Grey (CAG)
Yellow Naped Amazon
2Celestial Parrotlet
Budgie

Postby Pajarita » Wed May 27, 2015 10:18 am

Intelligent design is the pseudo-scientific 'arm' of the creationism theory -pseudo-scientific because the proponents want it taught in schools as an alternative to evolution even though it has absolutely no basis whatsoever on science. But, even though it is based on religious beliefs, not all churches adhere to it. The Catholic church believes (like you do, Wolf) that evolution was one of God's tools in creation.

Personally, I fail to see how anybody with half a brain can state without equivocation that there needs to be an intelligence behind the 'design' when rabbits need to eat their own poop in order to digest their food -I mean, couldn't this 'intelligence' do a better job than that?!
Pajarita
Norwegian Blue

Number of Birds Owned: 30
Types of Birds Owned: RoseBreasted too, CAG, DoubleYellowHead Amazon, BlueFront Amazon, YellowNape Amazon, Senegal, African Redbelly, Quaker, Sun Conure, Nanday, BlackCap Caique, WhiteBelly Caique, PeachFace lovebird, budgies,

Postby Wolf » Wed May 27, 2015 10:44 am

Just to clarify a little more, I am not really sure what I actually believe concerning this topic as it really doesn't mean all that much to me, personally. A bird is a bird and its form and behaviors are what I deal with not whether a 100 million year old birdlike species that has long been extinct is a bird or a reptile or what ever. Aside from amusement, I could care less. But all indications would suggest that both would be responsible to some degree, but their is not enough evidence for me to make a choice on this, so I try to maintain an open mind. It is on par with the question of which came first the bird or the egg and I don't know the answer.
Wolf
Macaw

African Grey (CAG)
Yellow Naped Amazon
2Celestial Parrotlet
Budgie

Postby rebcart » Thu May 28, 2015 8:52 pm

I'm really disappointed in this video. Shows Michael's lack of understanding of science if, despite claiming to be all for scientific principles in training, he allows his channel to become a platform for people like this who actively promote throwing science out the window.
rebcart
Lovebird

Number of Birds Owned: 1
Types of Birds Owned: GCC

Postby Wolf » Fri May 29, 2015 1:15 am

I think that he is just trying to show different points of view and it would be nice if he would set up a scientific video of the same topics or even better a debate . Just standing alone like it is does make you wonder what he is thinking of at the time.
Wolf
Macaw

African Grey (CAG)
Yellow Naped Amazon
2Celestial Parrotlet
Budgie

Postby Michael » Fri May 29, 2015 12:42 pm

Michael
Macaw

Postby Wolf » Mon Jun 01, 2015 11:28 am

Thank you Michael ! So your main interest is in flight, which led to your interest in birds?
Wolf
Macaw

African Grey (CAG)
Yellow Naped Amazon
2Celestial Parrotlet
Budgie

Postby Michael » Mon Jun 01, 2015 3:15 pm

Yeah, that's right. Kind of explains why I love keeping flighted parrots.
Michael
Macaw

Postby liz » Mon Jun 01, 2015 8:50 pm

I do not want a dispute about my faith. I am very strong with it. Believe it or not Wolf and I agree on this one. I believe in creation. GOD made everything but that doesn't mean he is done tweaking.
I believe GOD made more than one kind of being. They did not all survive. My ancestors came from the Garden of Eden.

My son solved the question of who came first the chicken or the egg. The very first chicken came from an egg. The chicken was not created. It was tweaked !

Some how we got on the subject of UFOs in my Sunday School Class (I was in the oldest one).
I freaked out the old ladies in my church by telling them "just because GOD is our father does not mean we are his only children".
liz
Macaw

Number of Birds Owned: 12
Types of Birds Owned: DYH Amazon Rambo
BF Amazon Myrtle
Cockatiels: Shadow Tammy Flutter Phoenix Jackie
Andy Impy Louise Twila Leroy

Next

Return to TrainedParrot.com - Parrot Training Blog Comments