Trained Parrot BlogParrot Wizard Online Parrot Toy StoreThe Parrot Forum

Truman Rejoins Kili & Rachel

Comment or discuss articles from the trained parrot blog.

Postby Michael » Sat Dec 17, 2016 10:39 pm

Truman returns to the bird room to rejoin the other parrots. A recap of the parrot health situation and a video of Truman's reunion with Kili for the first time in over a year.
Michael
Macaw

Number of Birds Owned: 3
Types of Birds Owned: Senegal Parrot, Cape Parrot, Green-Winged Macaw
Flight: Yes

Re: Truman Rejoins Kili & Rachel

Postby Pajarita » Sun Dec 18, 2016 1:18 pm

Awww, poor Truman! Let's hope he is all better now.
Pajarita
Norwegian Blue

Number of Birds Owned: 30
Types of Birds Owned: RoseBreasted too, CAG, DoubleYellowHead Amazon, BlueFront Amazon, YellowNape Amazon, Senegal, African Redbelly, Quaker, Sun Conure, Nanday, BlackCap Caique, WhiteBelly Caique, PeachFace lovebird, budgies,

Postby Bird woman » Sun Dec 18, 2016 5:06 pm

I don't see much for windows to see out of in the room :cry: is there a reason for that? BW
Bird woman
Amazon

Number of Birds Owned: 10
Types of Birds Owned: 2 mollucans, 2 LSC'S, 2 macaws, 1 bare-eye, 1 grey, 1 goffin and max the quaker

Postby Michael » Sun Dec 18, 2016 6:01 pm

Yeah because it was night and dark.
Michael
Macaw

Postby Bird woman » Sun Dec 18, 2016 7:35 pm

Looks like a very well put together room was it professionally done? I noticed the metal trim and window screens and sure wish I would have had a picture tour of yours. I've Made a lot of mistakes with mine but have a whole other area to do . Any pics and tips would be helpful.theres always something we'd do differently, maybe you can give me some tips so I don't do the wish I'd have thought of that thing. I already have the quarantine room and this room hopefully will have a full wall of glass that opens up to an outside area. Still looking for professionals that can do the work right the first time :roll: A virtual tour pleezeeeeeeeeeee BW
Bird woman
Amazon

Types of Birds Owned: 2 mollucans, 2 LSC'S, 2 macaws, 1 bare-eye, 1 grey, 1 goffin and max the quaker

Postby Michael » Sun Dec 18, 2016 9:26 pm

One of these days. I was supposed to do that years back but there was no permanency because of the health issues.
Michael
Macaw

Postby Bird woman » Mon Dec 19, 2016 2:05 pm

No time like the present :D maybe you'll have time after the holidays I'm going to start the room soon and would be forever in your debt. I've been in touch with a woman named nyla copp who specializes in this area of planning but I'm trying to get all the ideas and info before I start. It is quite large space 1100 sq. Ft that will open up to a 1100 sq. Foot covered outside area . These areas are already built , not bird ready ( human ready) . Nothing is to good for the fids. Thanks BW
Bird woman
Amazon

Postby Michael » Mon Dec 19, 2016 4:58 pm

I've had a few people contact me for private consultations about bird room planning. There are many many things to consider both inside and out.

Once the birds are settled in, I plan to do a tour of the visible elements of the bird room but like I said, there may be more in depth elements that I used or did not use that may be beyond the scope of an article. Also, some people do things differently and I can offer advise for their circumstances that may be totally different from how I set mine up.

So if you prefer to have a private session over skype, we can go over more details than will be public and help you plan yours. A one hour session may save you a lot of frustration or research later on so think about it.

Put simply a few key features are:

-Cement floor with water drain
-Tile walls for water protection and cleaning
-Water hose with hot/cold settings
-Sink hidden in closet
-No exposed wood surfaces
-Water tight window capping
-Stainless steel air conditioner cover
-Stainless steel dividing door

But there are loads of other things so contact me if you'd like to receive a consultation about this in depth.
Michael
Macaw

Postby Bird woman » Mon Dec 19, 2016 9:54 pm

Thank you ,looking forward to the video. BW :D
Bird woman
Amazon

Return to TrainedParrot.com - Parrot Training Blog Comments