Trained Parrot BlogParrot Wizard Online Parrot Toy StoreThe Parrot Forum

Assembling Outdoor Aviary for My Parrots

Comment or discuss articles from the trained parrot blog.

Re: Assembling Outdoor Aviary for My Parrots

Postby Azure Hanyo » Thu Sep 30, 2010 4:30 pm

Wow! This is my first time reading this and I've got to say you certainly provide the absolute best for Kili and Truman. Companies like that overcharge because they are really the only ones out there who make such aviaries, and that is unfortunate. But great job on finally getting it done.

I can see it now... Michael's Aviaries! Purchase these and get the training perches free!

:lol:
Last edited by Azure Hanyo on Thu Sep 30, 2010 8:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Azure Hanyo
Amazon

Flight: Yes

Postby skeetersunconure » Thu Sep 30, 2010 7:00 pm

how much are the corners unlimited aviaries? like one about 5x5 or 4x4?
skeetersunconure
Poicephalus

Number of Birds Owned: 1
Types of Birds Owned: sun conure

Postby sidech » Thu Sep 30, 2010 8:11 pm

Azure Hanyo wrote: I can see it now... Michael's Aviaries! Purchas these and get the training perches free!

You have a good sense of humor, Azuro, and you're good with Facebook, too !
sidech
Poicephalus

Types of Birds Owned: Red Sided Eclectus

Postby Azure Hanyo » Thu Sep 30, 2010 8:57 pm

sidech wrote:
Azure Hanyo wrote: I can see it now... Michael's Aviaries! Purchase these and get the training perches free!

You have a good sense of humor, Azuro, and you're good with Facebook, too !

AZURO?! So you...you know about... AZURO MONTOYA???!!!
Bahahahahaha!!!!!! (Ok stupid inside joke...never mind. I hope no one knows what I am talking about... Heehee.)
Azure Hanyo
Amazon

Postby karen » Wed May 25, 2011 6:00 pm

Hi Michael. Appreciate your review. I purchased the 6 ft stainless steal Suncatcher Aviary about 6 years ago from a company called Aviary Connections in San Antonio Tx. At that time the Stainless steel cage was $2500. As you are probably aware, these aviaries are manufactured in China and companies like CBD and the one I purchased from are just distributors so the manufacturing issues are going to be the same. However the distributors apparently handle complaints very differently. I was initially dissapointed that several of the connector pins were broken off (but found loose lying in the crate it came in). I had to take 4 of the panels to a welder that could weld stainless steel. Once they were fixed, however, the cage was easily assembled and my budgies have enjoyed it ever since. It dissassembled easily and the panels were easily transported 1000+ miles when I moved half way across the country. Aviary Connections (which is apparently no longer in business as I have not been able to find them on the internet) offered to pay the cost of the welding job and sent me some free bird toys to make up for the inconvenience. The welding only cost about $50 so I told them that was OK - they did not need to reimburse me. I'm now looking at big cages for my Senegal so she has room to fly indoors. I was going to order from CBD but after your review will look around a bit more. The nature of these cages and their source of manufacture obviously is the underlying problem. However, how the different distributors handle complaints is the issue. I was always under the impression that CBD was a reptuable company but the posts here make me suspect. Thanks for the info. :swaying:
karen
Parakeet

Number of Birds Owned: 5
Types of Birds Owned: senegal, budgies

Postby Bam Bam » Tue Apr 09, 2013 7:28 pm

Thank you so much, Michael, for your post. I was just ready to drop $2500 for a new cage for my parrot. Cages by Design has such a professional looking website. I would have thought that they make a good product. I would not have been very patient with the kind of problems you had putting together your aviary. I guess it's back to the drawing board for me. Thanks again.
Bam Bam
Parakeet

Types of Birds Owned: Rose Breasted Cockatoo

Postby Loriusgarrulus » Wed Dec 21, 2016 8:46 am

This has given me much food for thought.
I have an aluminium greenhouse that my husband took the glass out of and replaced with zinc wire for his ferrets. We are now down to one very elderly ferret and my husband said he isnt getting anymore once its gone. :hatched:
This would make a fantastic outdoor aviary for the parrots to get some safe outdoor sunshine when we get some in the UK. The galvanised wired could be replaced with stainless mesh.
The aviary already has half the roof covered on top of the wire with solid panels for rainy days..
I already have a lot of stainless mesh panels as I saw a load for sale nearby on ebay and bought and stashed them as they looked to have future potential. I should be able to convert it for parrots in the near future.
My husband has a Congo grey and Timneh grey, so I am sure he will like the idea. We will have to take it in turns with the parrots to got out. When inside the house they have UV bulbs.
Growing Old Disgracefully
Loriusgarrulus
Conure

Number of Birds Owned: 2
Types of Birds Owned: Yellow backed chattering lory: Kanga
Blackheaded caique: Tupi
Yellow thighed caique: Karo

Previous

Return to TrainedParrot.com - Parrot Training Blog Comments