Trained Parrot BlogParrot Wizard Online Parrot Toy StoreThe Parrot Forum

Reading the Rickeybird's Mind

Place to share personal stories, pictures and videos of your parrot.

Re: Reading the Rickeybird's Mind

Postby Pajarita » Tue Aug 01, 2017 9:35 am

Yes, they are quite quick about it once the 'foreplay' is done :lol:
Pajarita
Norwegian Blue

Number of Birds Owned: 30
Types of Birds Owned: RoseBreasted too, CAG, DoubleYellowHead Amazon, BlueFront Amazon, YellowNape Amazon, Senegal, African Redbelly, Quaker, Sun Conure, Nanday, BlackCap Caique, WhiteBelly Caique, PeachFace lovebird, budgies,
Flight: Yes

Postby galeriagila » Tue Aug 01, 2017 9:33 pm

Wham, bam, thank you, hen!
galeriagila
Amazon

Number of Birds Owned: 1
Types of Birds Owned: 32-year-old Patagonian Conure

Postby Pajarita » Wed Aug 02, 2017 8:58 am

:lol: Well, no, not as bad as that. For one thing, the hens are satisfied with the 'action' and the males do take excellent care of their mates and babies - and they keep on doing it 'till death do them part' so, all in all, even though they might not follow the Kama Sutra, they are good 'husbands'...
Pajarita
Norwegian Blue

Types of Birds Owned: RoseBreasted too, CAG, DoubleYellowHead Amazon, BlueFront Amazon, YellowNape Amazon, Senegal, African Redbelly, Quaker, Sun Conure, Nanday, BlackCap Caique, WhiteBelly Caique, PeachFace lovebird, budgies,

Postby galeriagila » Thu Aug 03, 2017 11:40 am

Awwwwwwwwwwwwww, when put that way... it is very beautiful.

Okay, thank you, Rickeybird.
galeriagila
Amazon

Postby liz » Fri Aug 04, 2017 6:42 am

Pajarita wrote::lol: Well, no, not as bad as that. For one thing, the hens are satisfied with the 'action' and the males do take excellent care of their mates and babies - and they keep on doing it 'till death do them part' so, all in all, even though they might not follow the Kama Sutra, they are good 'husbands'...

Except for what my flock is doing. When Sweetie died, Shadow claimed Tommy's mate, Tammy. Poor Tommy stays close in case she changed her mind. When she wanted to nest she went back to Tommy. Of course now that she gave up on nesting she went back to Shadow.
When Tweet was nesting I only saw her on the nest. I had to guess that Flutter was the dad. When Tweet died he claimed Lacy and did not hide the fact that she was his mate.
Maggie was a breeder bird who would not take a mate after hers died. When she came to me she enjoyed being in the flock with good food and companionship but for years would not take a mate. Andy followed her from the day I got him. She finally allowed him to perch beside her. They are a bonded pair but with no sex involved.
That is just some of what goes on in my flock.
liz
Macaw

Number of Birds Owned: 12
Types of Birds Owned: DYH Amazon Rambo
BF Amazon Myrtle
Cockatiels: Shadow Tammy Flutter Phoenix Jackie
Andy Impy Louise Twila Leroy

Postby Pajarita » Fri Aug 04, 2017 8:40 am

Yes, it's different in captivity, Liz, I was talking about birds in the wild. It's different with pet parrots because they are almost never allowed the opportunity to choose from a pool of birds and the greatest majority of them are not allowed to learn proper behaviors from their parents and the rest of the flock. So, sometimes, they 'hook up' with a bird just because it's the only or the best choice at the moment but not necessarily the one they would have made if they had had a large pool of individuals to pick from. And, in captivity, there are threesome situations, too, which, as far as I know, doesn't happen in the wild. When I had Blue, he was the one always feeding Precie in her beak but it was Zeus who had sex with her because, apparently, he never did learn that part of his duties as husband was to feed his mate. Captivity brings on all kinds of aberrant behaviors...
Pajarita
Norwegian Blue

Postby galeriagila » Fri Aug 04, 2017 11:50 am

Annnd...
Flash forward (or backward) to the poor debauched Rb, perched high on the drapes, ogling his gigantic featherless hen...
An extra chile for him tonight!
galeriagila
Amazon

Postby Pajarita » Sat Aug 05, 2017 8:30 am

Yes, do feed one of his 'appetites' at least! :lol:
Pajarita
Norwegian Blue

Postby galeriagila » Fri Aug 18, 2017 8:46 pm

Oh, Rickeybirrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrd..................

galeriagila
Amazon

Postby Pajarita » Sat Aug 19, 2017 9:22 am

:lol: Funny thing is, whether a smell is good or not depends on the culture! Here, in USA, people who own parrots always say they smell good but, back home, we call it 'dirty parrot smell', isn't that something?!
Pajarita
Norwegian Blue

Previous

Return to Parrot Tales