Trained Parrot BlogParrot Wizard Online Parrot Toy StoreThe Parrot Forum

Share photos of your flock here

Place to share personal stories, pictures and videos of your parrot.

Re: Share photos of your flock here

Postby Wolf » Thu Oct 16, 2014 5:07 am

Pajarita is much better at this with birds than I am as most of my genetics understanding actually comes from horses. It all works pretty much the same but I don't yet understand all of the color mutations as I haven't studied enough on it as of this time.
Wolf
Macaw

Number of Birds Owned: 6
Types of Birds Owned: Senegal
African Grey (CAG)
Yellow Naped Amazon
2Celestial Parrotlet
Budgie
Flight: Yes

Postby Pajarita » Thu Oct 16, 2014 1:35 pm

They are both sky blue (aka single dark factor white based) and Morgan does look like a recessive pied (the white chest indicating the recessive while a chest of body color and a white lower abdomen been the dominant -aka banded) but they could also be a clearflight, lacewing or opaline so I would need to look at their backs to tell you exactly what they are.
Pajarita
Norwegian Blue

Number of Birds Owned: 30
Types of Birds Owned: RoseBreasted too, CAG, DoubleYellowHead Amazon, BlueFront Amazon, YellowNape Amazon, Senegal, African Redbelly, Quaker, Sun Conure, Nanday, BlackCap Caique, WhiteBelly Caique, PeachFace lovebird, budgies,

Postby Lizz » Thu Oct 16, 2014 9:18 pm

Erithacus wrote:

I thought the picture of your Love Bird's under side in flight was so funny that I printed it. These little dinkys on leashes have that beat.
Lizz
Conure

Number of Birds Owned: 8
Types of Birds Owned: DYH Amazon Rambo
BF Amazon Myrtle
Cockatiels: Shadow Tammy Tommy Maggie Cagney Lacy

Postby Elaihr » Fri Oct 17, 2014 4:03 am

Pajarita wrote:Can't see the pix, it appears as a little box with an x in it. Glad to hear that they are getting along, it's wonderful for a pet parrot to have a bird companion... it adds immeasurable richness to their lives! Thank you so much for doing Penny such a great service!

Does it work now? Technology doesn't seem to be my thing... :/

Also, it doesn't just enrich their lives, but mine as well. It's just so much fun seeing how they interact, and it helps me learn more about how they communicate! The only downside I've found so far is that two birds equals twice the mess (if not more) but it's totally worth it. If I was afraid of mess I wouldn't have gotten a bird in the first place ;)
Elaihr
Cockatiel

Number of Birds Owned: 2
Types of Birds Owned: Blue-headed Pionus (Pionus menstruus)

Postby Pajarita » Fri Oct 17, 2014 11:02 am

No, I still can't see it. And you are absolutely right about the big difference between having just one bird and two that get along! I personally find it very rewarding as well as utterly fascinating to see them interacting! And yes, again, on the mess -now imagine having between 35 and 40 birds! :lol:
Pajarita
Norwegian Blue

Types of Birds Owned: RoseBreasted too, CAG, DoubleYellowHead Amazon, BlueFront Amazon, YellowNape Amazon, Senegal, African Redbelly, Quaker, Sun Conure, Nanday, BlackCap Caique, WhiteBelly Caique, PeachFace lovebird, budgies,

Postby Elaihr » Tue Oct 21, 2014 4:25 am

Meeh, I can see it, why can't others :mad: Why won't computers just get along with me...

Anyway, I'm giving it another go.

Can you see them now?

And ugh, you must be good friends with your vacuum cleaner I presume? :D My boyfriend just shook his head when I said I wanted a minivac for Christmas, hehe. Having birds does things to you ^^

Elaihr
Cockatiel

Postby Wolf » Tue Oct 21, 2014 11:06 am

Beautiful birds for certain and is that Penny or Joy in front? I like your perch for them although I would be careful of any fraying with the string and rope, as they might be able to catch a nail in it. Thank you for sharing this with us.
Wolf
Macaw

Number of Birds Owned: 6
Types of Birds Owned: Senegal
African Grey (CAG)
Yellow Naped Amazon
2Celestial Parrotlet
Budgie

Postby Pajarita » Wed Oct 22, 2014 10:54 am

Oh, yes, there they are, the pretty, pretty birdies!
Pajarita
Norwegian Blue

Postby Elaihr » Thu Oct 23, 2014 3:00 am

Thank you, Wolf and Pajarita!

Joy is the one in the front, Penny is now around 2,5 years old and fully colored, while Joy who is only 6 months hasn't had her colours fully developed yet. She gets more blue (colourwise!) every day though, it's a joy (hehe) to watch her grow and mature!

Also thank you for the note regarding the strings on their playtree. I always supervise their playtime but the plan is to find a better solution, if I could find some stainless steel screws and borrow a screwdriver I might attack the perches onto the tree that way instead. The bigger sisal rope you see is very loosely attached and mostly for them to chew on and play with, they can pull it loose themselves if they wish to (and they do so regularly), so that one should be fine. The small ones though aren't great, but I've deemed them safe enough as a preliminary solution when the birds play under my supervision :)

I also have two other playtrees for them but they're currently under reconstruction as they weren't very well balanced. They never fell over but they swayed disturbingly when the birds landed on them... :/
Elaihr
Cockatiel

Postby Pajarita » Thu Oct 23, 2014 10:36 am

Swaying or bouncing are not bad, actually. Birds natural perches are trees and they sway and their branches bounce and, actually, this instability is great exercise for them.
Pajarita
Norwegian Blue

PreviousNext

Return to Parrot Tales