Trained Parrot BlogParrot Wizard Online Parrot Toy StoreThe Parrot Forum

Recent pictures of my birds

Place to share personal stories, pictures and videos of your parrot.

Recent pictures of my birds

Postby mrbowlerhat » Sat Jan 09, 2016 7:56 pm

So... Because my birds are so cute and because this forum sometimes lacks in photos of everyone's adorable birds, I'll just go ahead and post like a thousand pics of my birds :lol: :mrgreen:
:irn: :senegal: :pied:

mrbowlerhat
Conure

Number of Birds Owned: 6
Types of Birds Owned: Senegals, Indian Ringnecks, Cockatiels
Flight: Yes

Re: Recent pictures of my birds

Postby Chantilly » Sat Jan 09, 2016 9:11 pm

Omygosh they are soo cute! Lovely photos (I can never get a good focus!), I will need to have you come take some of my :gcc: !!
I especially like #5, #6, #10, #11.. So cute :o Your Xmax tree is awesome!!
Im tempted to post photos to now!! :mrgreen:
And anthough she be little, she is fierce ~Shakespeare
- Tilly & Shrek
Chantilly
Amazon

Number of Birds Owned: 2
Types of Birds Owned: Cinnamon green cheek conure & Yellow Scaly x Rainbow lorikeet, Chickens & Ducks

Postby ParrotsForLife » Sat Jan 09, 2016 9:42 pm

All my birds are Posers and I always post pics just not on here there actually isn't a specific place for posting Photos.
ParrotsForLife
African Grey

Number of Birds Owned: 5
Types of Birds Owned: Rocko and Loki, Cockatiels
Mango, Plum headed parakeet
Tiko, African grey, Oscar, BFA

Postby Wolf » Sat Jan 09, 2016 10:58 pm

No, there is not a specific place to post them, but why would there be the need for a specific place as they can be include along with the stories about your parrots, when you share them with us or for when you ask questions concerning them. Those are just examples of natural places to include pictures. I believe that is the way that Michael intended it to be, although, I do believe that their is a topic strictly for pictures of your birds.
There are two of them in the Parrot Tales section of the forum.
viewtopic.php?f=25&t=77 and
viewtopic.php?f=25&t=38
Wolf
Macaw

Types of Birds Owned: Senegal
African Grey (CAG)
Yellow Naped Amazon
2Celestial Parrotlet
Budgie

Postby JessiMuse » Sat Jan 09, 2016 11:04 pm

Aww, how adorable! :D I like to take pictures of my birds to.

Though, Lucy's the only photogenic one. Alex still needs to get used to the camera, Joey and my mom's finches aren't tame enough, and Dudley's a troll when it comes to picture taking. He'll sit still until right when I take it. Then I end up with blurry pictures. :lol: I'm convinced that he does it on purpose.

is that mini Christmas tree real or fake? If it's real, then what kind is it? Though pine wood is safe for birds, the needles aren't. I hope this one is at least safe, though since they're still alive and healthy, it probably is. :thumbsup:
JessiMuse
Conure

Types of Birds Owned: Pionus, Cockatiel, dove, mannikin finch

Postby mrbowlerhat » Sat Jan 09, 2016 11:54 pm

Chantilly wrote:Omygosh they are soo cute! Lovely photos (I can never get a good focus!), I will need to have you come take some of my :gcc: !!
I especially like #5, #6, #10, #11.. So cute :o Your Xmax tree is awesome!!
Im tempted to post photos to now!! :mrgreen:

Thank you! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: And please do post photos, lots and lots of them! Always love to see others' birds!

JessiMuse wrote:Aww, how adorable! :D I like to take pictures of my birds to.

Though, Lucy's the only photogenic one. Alex still needs to get used to the camera, Joey and my mom's finches aren't tame enough, and Dudley's a troll when it comes to picture taking. He'll sit still until right when I take it. Then I end up with blurry pictures. :lol: I'm convinced that he does it on purpose.

is that mini Christmas tree real or fake? If it's real, then what kind is it? Though pine wood is safe for birds, the needles aren't. I hope this one is at least safe, though since they're still alive and healthy, it probably is. :thumbsup:

Thank you! Haha, Dudley sounds adorable. You'll have to be more sneaky! ;)

Oh, thanks for reminding me! I was going to ask about that. The christmas tree was a piece of norway spruce from my backyard. Spruce is listed as safe everywhere, and was included as fully safe on a lot of sites/lists that listed pine wood as safe but pine needles as toxic (as well as a lot of other plants and trees where just one or a couple of parts were safe and another unsafe), so though no one literally specified the needles of the spruce as safe, I just assumed they were. That, and, the fact that a lot of owners and breeders around here use spruce in their outdoor aviaries, especially around the colder season where most other trees are anything but green.
I tried to look into what made pine needles toxic (because pine and spruce are pretty similar to me and I wanted to compare them) and found that there's something called isocupressic acid in a lot of different pine species. I looked it up and this acid is not present in spruce, so I judged is as okay and provided the beebs with a christmas tree. It was pretty small and there were six of them to help with the picking apart of it, I took it out when it started drying up (like two days in?).. So there wasn't a lot of it, and like you said, Christmas is pretty long gone and they're still healthy and alive, so... That's gotta be a success, I guess? :P

HOWEVER! As I didn't really find a lot of info and just winged it because it seemed safe - if anyone knows more about them spruces than I do, feel free to speak up! I'd love to know if I can repeat the christmas tree thing or if I should avoid it in the future and just go for, like, a broccoli tree with lingonberry ornaments or something..... Haha :shock: :P
mrbowlerhat
Conure

Postby ParrotsForLife » Sun Jan 10, 2016 12:22 am

Wolf it would be good to have a section for Photos not all pictures come with a story and people do like posting pics of their birds.I would rather that than posting in other sections.
ParrotsForLife
African Grey

Number of Birds Owned: 5
Types of Birds Owned: Rocko and Loki, Cockatiels
Mango, Plum headed parakeet
Tiko, African grey, Oscar, BFA

Postby mrbowlerhat » Sun Jan 10, 2016 12:32 am

ParrotsForLife wrote:Wolf it would be good to have a section for Photos not all pictures come with a story and people do like posting pics of their birds.I would rather that than posting in other sections.

Like 90% of what I do on here is selfishly use the "Parrot Tales" section to post storyless photos. It seems like no one has had any problem with that as of yet (I hope)... If there was a section just for photos, I'd hang there all the time, but I don't feel like it's really needed. Photos kind of count as stories or tales in itself, isn't that right? ;)
Though if this section would be competely consumed by a bunch of new threads with only pictures I guess I'd feel more inclined to post in a designated photo thread or suggest a photo section I guess... I just like having a new thread for my shots because there's generally a lot of them, and in a thread where a lot of other people also post a lot of pictures in the same place, my computer would totally die....

But as for now, it IS ok to post a new thread in the Parrot Tales section just for a lil' photo update like this one, right? :shock: Because if it bothers anyone i'll make sure to stop too!
mrbowlerhat
Conure

Postby Chantilly » Sun Jan 10, 2016 1:03 am

mrbowlerhat wrote:
ParrotsForLife wrote:Wolf it would be good to have a section for Photos not all pictures come with a story and people do like posting pics of their birds.I would rather that than posting in other sections.

Like 90% of what I do on here is selfishly use the "Parrot Tales" section to post storyless photos. It seems like no one has had any problem with that as of yet (I hope)... If there was a section just for photos, I'd hang there all the time, but I don't feel like it's really needed. Photos kind of count as stories or tales in itself, isn't that right? ;)
Though if this section would be competely consumed by a bunch of new threads with only pictures I guess I'd feel more inclined to post in a designated photo thread or suggest a photo section I guess... I just like having a new thread for my shots because there's generally a lot of them, and in a thread where a lot of other people also post a lot of pictures in the same place, my computer would totally die....

But as for now, it IS ok to post a new thread in the Parrot Tales section just for a lil' photo update like this one, right? :shock: Because if it bothers anyone i'll make sure to stop too!

Im not sure what the others think but I love it! :thumbsup:
I enjoy looking at your georgious pics, and seeing as not a billion people are making posts to do so, I dont think it really matters :P Looking at your cuties gives me something to do while mine gobbles her lunch :D
And anthough she be little, she is fierce ~Shakespeare
- Tilly & Shrek
Chantilly
Amazon

Types of Birds Owned: Cinnamon green cheek conure & Yellow Scaly x Rainbow lorikeet, Chickens & Ducks

Postby Pajarita » Sun Jan 10, 2016 11:21 am

As far as I am concerned, you can post your pictures wherever you want. I love to see pictures and even if I have to go through a lot of postings, I don't mind it at all.

Now, as to the spruce, I have no personal experience with them. I can tell you that firs are OK because I always get a Douglas fir for my Christmas tree and always put it in the birdroom after I take it down and I've never had a single problem with it. But, then, my birds have never chewed on the needles, either...
Pajarita
Norwegian Blue

Number of Birds Owned: 30
Types of Birds Owned: RoseBreasted too, CAG, DoubleYellowHead Amazon, BlueFront Amazon, YellowNape Amazon, Senegal, African Redbelly, Quaker, Sun Conure, Nanday, BlackCap Caique, WhiteBelly Caique, PeachFace lovebird, budgies,

Next

Return to Parrot Tales