Trained Parrot BlogParrot Wizard Online Parrot Toy StoreThe Parrot Forum

Hi there! /some photos/

Place to share personal stories, pictures and videos of your parrot.

Re: Hi there! /some photos/

Postby Pajarita » Tue Jun 14, 2016 8:01 am

Liz, the mice poison that you are talking about is the one that inhibits blood coagulation so, when they say that it dehydrates the mouse, in reality, what it does is liquefy their internal organs (the internal bleeding completely dehydrates them but they don't really die of thirst, they die from the internal bleeding and is a terribly painful and long death.

I use the humane traps. They are metal boxes with a lid on top that have a little window so you can see if there is a mouse inside or not -the mouse can go in but it can't come out and you don't even have to put any bait in it as, apparently, if a mouse sees a little dark hole, it would go in on its own. And then, all you have to do is, when you see there is a mouse in it, take it outside and allow the mouse to come out.
Pajarita
Norwegian Blue

Number of Birds Owned: 30
Types of Birds Owned: RoseBreasted too, CAG, DoubleYellowHead Amazon, BlueFront Amazon, YellowNape Amazon, Senegal, African Redbelly, Quaker, Sun Conure, Nanday, BlackCap Caique, WhiteBelly Caique, PeachFace lovebird, budgies,
Flight: Yes

Postby Chantilly » Wed Jun 29, 2016 3:12 am

Guess who we have keeping down our rat population for us????......
image.jpg
image.jpg (83.64 KiB) Viewed 2037 times

Isnt she pretty? I love carpets, my dad has a diamond(very closey related, same family)antd from all the carpets I have gotton to meet, they have a much better tmpermant than the childrens (well, than my brothers spotted python). :lol:
And anthough she be little, she is fierce ~Shakespeare
- Tilly & Shrek
Chantilly
Amazon

Number of Birds Owned: 2
Types of Birds Owned: Cinnamon green cheek conure & Yellow Scaly x Rainbow lorikeet, Chickens & Ducks

Postby liz » Wed Jun 29, 2016 6:47 am

I prefer the snap traps. I would prefer to know that I got it but one time I heard a snap at night and did not get up to see it. The poor thing was trapped by his nose all night. I want them to die and not just suffer. I took him to the woods and let him go. He had been punished enough.

My son morphs ball pythons. They can only get to 5 feet and as their names when they are scared they ball up. He is known world wide for his work. If you care to see, he is koldthumb.

I was raised on a 12 acre farm. It sounds small but my Dad used every inch of it. He suffered with Hodgkins Lymphoma. Thanks to the LORD he was allowed to live for 16 years. He asked to live until Momma was retirement age and he did thought was not cured. Before one of his trips to the hospital he took me to the shed outside the barn and showed me his black snake. I don't know what it was but when my father talked to him he would come out of hiding and Dad could pet him. He was about 6 feet long and Dad was afraid that while he was away that the snake would leave and get killed by a neighbor thinking to protect his kids. I never knew the snake was there until then. Dad introduced us and I was able to visit and check on him at least once a day. Because Dad introduced us her would come out of hiding when I talked to him.
liz
Macaw

Number of Birds Owned: 12
Types of Birds Owned: DYH Amazon Rambo
BF Amazon Myrtle
Cockatiels: Shadow Tammy Flutter Phoenix Jackie
Andy Impy Louise Twila Leroy

Postby Pajarita » Wed Jun 29, 2016 8:44 am

Oh, yes, she certainly is beautiful!! I was never 'into' snakes, not that I was afraid or repulsed by them but, for some particular reason, they had never caught my fancy so I had never touched one or even looked at one very closely until I worked at the zoo where we had a few pythons and corn snakes we used for teaching. That's when I discovered how beautiful they were and how good they feel when you touch them so I can well understand your enthusiasm with her. Only, please be careful with her because they do eat birds.
Pajarita
Norwegian Blue

Number of Birds Owned: 30
Types of Birds Owned: RoseBreasted too, CAG, DoubleYellowHead Amazon, BlueFront Amazon, YellowNape Amazon, Senegal, African Redbelly, Quaker, Sun Conure, Nanday, BlackCap Caique, WhiteBelly Caique, PeachFace lovebird, budgies,

Previous

Return to Parrot Tales