Trained Parrot BlogParrot Wizard Online Parrot Toy StoreThe Parrot Forum

I used to own a few Budgies.

Place to share personal stories, pictures and videos of your parrot.

Re: I used to own a few Budgies.

Postby InsanityShard » Mon Jun 13, 2016 6:10 pm

The vet said it's old age, and Gonzo is getting those black spots over his nose and gums that our other old cats had. It depends on the cat as to when it's old. Most people around here think 8 is old, but our last two cats were 18 and 16 when they died of kidney failure. The other one had preservitive poisoning and died at 9. =[
I plan on my next cat being an indoor one. I want a fluffy one.
InsanityShard
Conure

Number of Birds Owned: 2
Types of Birds Owned: Budgie
Flight: Yes

Postby Bird woman » Mon Jul 25, 2016 2:34 am

All's I can say is OH MY ! BW
Bird woman
Amazon

Number of Birds Owned: 10
Types of Birds Owned: 2 mollucans, 2 LSC'S, 2 macaws, 1 bare-eye, 1 grey, 1 goffin and max the quaker

Postby Pajarita » Thu Jul 28, 2016 8:53 am

No, old age does not go by individuals, it's an average of the whole species. Cats average lifespan (and this takes into consideration outdoor cats which live, on average, 5 years less than strictly indoor ones) is 15 and they are considered senior at seven years of age BUT the only thing that means is that you need to pay more attention to their diet and start getting senior blood panels instead of just the regular ones. I had a cat that lived to be 21, and I have one that is 19 and another that is 17 right now. The youngest a cat of mine died was 15 and it was a cat that had been born with a severe neurological defect from his mother been infected with panleuko while she was pregnant - he was the only one that lived out of a litter of four.
Pajarita
Norwegian Blue

Number of Birds Owned: 30
Types of Birds Owned: RoseBreasted too, CAG, DoubleYellowHead Amazon, BlueFront Amazon, YellowNape Amazon, Senegal, African Redbelly, Quaker, Sun Conure, Nanday, BlackCap Caique, WhiteBelly Caique, PeachFace lovebird, budgies,

Previous

Return to Parrot Tales