Trained Parrot BlogParrot Wizard Online Parrot Toy StoreThe Parrot Forum

Play date with my rehomies

Place to share personal stories, pictures and videos of your parrot.

Re: Play date with my rehomies

Postby Bird woman » Thu Aug 04, 2016 10:22 pm

Even though a lot were small birds that's still a lot of work. The macaws are settling down a bit , finally. I make sure there's one on one time to keep them tamed down so I can always handle them. There such a large bird if you let them become too independent it could be dangerous. I finally got that bare eye buddy in the shower today and after he settled down he actually enjoyed it. Sure was a dirty birdie :roll:. He's had a little sneeze and now I haven't herd a sneeze out of him since his shower. Well everyone else wanted a turn so I looked like a prune when I got out. :lol: thank god for on-demand hot water. I'm going to take buddy out now for a little just us time . I gave max the Quaker a bunch of sticks and straw today cause I heard they like to build , we will see. Take care BW
Bird woman
Amazon

Number of Birds Owned: 10
Types of Birds Owned: 2 mollucans, 2 LSC'S, 2 macaws, 1 bare-eye, 1 grey, 1 goffin and max the quaker
Flight: Yes

Postby Pajarita » Fri Aug 05, 2016 9:17 am

Oh, yes, quakers LOVE to build!

Look at this: https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=qu ... &FORM=VIRE
Pajarita
Norwegian Blue

Number of Birds Owned: 30
Types of Birds Owned: RoseBreasted too, CAG, DoubleYellowHead Amazon, BlueFront Amazon, YellowNape Amazon, Senegal, African Redbelly, Quaker, Sun Conure, Nanday, BlackCap Caique, WhiteBelly Caique, PeachFace lovebird, budgies,

Postby Bird woman » Sat Aug 06, 2016 11:01 pm

Omg that was the coolest, thank you that made my day!!!! :P
Bird woman
Amazon

Types of Birds Owned: 2 mollucans, 2 LSC'S, 2 macaws, 1 bare-eye, 1 grey, 1 goffin and max the quaker

Postby Pajarita » Sun Aug 07, 2016 9:33 am

This is what they look like in the wild. This is a small one, actually, there are some that have hundreds of birds nesting in them (every hole you see goes into a different apartment used by a pair)

https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-fIo4278IajA/ ... entina.jpg

And this is a single pair starting out a new colony (in the middle of a 'plaza' in Argentina -you can hear the people talking).

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=fo ... &FORM=VIRE
Pajarita
Norwegian Blue

Types of Birds Owned: RoseBreasted too, CAG, DoubleYellowHead Amazon, BlueFront Amazon, YellowNape Amazon, Senegal, African Redbelly, Quaker, Sun Conure, Nanday, BlackCap Caique, WhiteBelly Caique, PeachFace lovebird, budgies,

Postby Bird woman » Tue Aug 09, 2016 1:51 pm

Watched it , this is the coolest little species ever. I can't believe anyone would think there an invasive species. They can come build on my property anytime. :thumbsup: BW
Bird woman
Amazon

Postby Pajarita » Wed Aug 10, 2016 9:49 am

Well, most medium and small species of parrots are considered agricultural pests because of the damage they do to crops... Quakers happen to be more adaptive than most other species, highly intelligent and have evolved for the entire flock (family) to cooperate with each other (they even help each other raise the babies) so they are able to thrive in environments that are very different from their own but it's not true that they displace native species -they might compete for food but that is something that all species do and it's not as if they attack other birds, steal their nests or anything like that.
Pajarita
Norwegian Blue

Postby Bird woman » Wed Aug 10, 2016 2:42 pm

Pajarita, wolf , Michael or anybody who has medical bird experience please read new post under little bird rescue , I need some help with Mathew!!! Thanks Bird woman
Bird woman
Amazon

Previous

Return to Parrot Tales