Trained Parrot BlogParrot Wizard Online Parrot Toy StoreThe Parrot Forum

PTS 'service' parrots

Place to share personal stories, pictures and videos of your parrot.

PTS 'service' parrots

Postby Pajarita » Tue Jul 19, 2016 10:32 am

This is an article (with a video) of how neglected and abused parrots are helping veterans with PTSD in a place called Serenity Park in LA. It's just a 'feel-good' story and I think I had already posted about these people but, personally, I can always use a bit of 'feel-good' news -especially nowadays with things been so bad in USA. And I identify 100% with the "I like birds better than people" sentiment! :lol:

http://www.13wmaz.com/news/how-parrots- ... /276414579
Pajarita
Norwegian Blue

Number of Birds Owned: 30
Types of Birds Owned: RoseBreasted too, CAG, DoubleYellowHead Amazon, BlueFront Amazon, YellowNape Amazon, Senegal, African Redbelly, Quaker, Sun Conure, Nanday, BlackCap Caique, WhiteBelly Caique, PeachFace lovebird, budgies,
Flight: Yes

Re: PTS 'service' parrots

Postby Bird woman » Mon Jul 25, 2016 2:37 am

I'll second that !!!!!! BW
Bird woman
Amazon

Number of Birds Owned: 10
Types of Birds Owned: 2 mollucans, 2 LSC'S, 2 macaws, 1 bare-eye, 1 grey, 1 goffin and max the quaker

Postby Pajarita » Thu Jul 28, 2016 8:47 am

:lol: I think all people who rescue feels that way - in my case, I would take ANY animal over most of even the nicest people!
Pajarita
Norwegian Blue

Number of Birds Owned: 30
Types of Birds Owned: RoseBreasted too, CAG, DoubleYellowHead Amazon, BlueFront Amazon, YellowNape Amazon, Senegal, African Redbelly, Quaker, Sun Conure, Nanday, BlackCap Caique, WhiteBelly Caique, PeachFace lovebird, budgies,

Postby Bird woman » Tue Aug 09, 2016 1:14 pm

ME Too :cockatoo: BW
Bird woman
Amazon

Number of Birds Owned: 10
Types of Birds Owned: 2 mollucans, 2 LSC'S, 2 macaws, 1 bare-eye, 1 grey, 1 goffin and max the quaker

Return to Parrot Tales