Trained Parrot BlogParrot Wizard Online Parrot Toy StoreThe Parrot Forum

Zoo parrot stolen!

Place to share personal stories, pictures and videos of your parrot.

Zoo parrot stolen!

Postby Pajarita » Mon Aug 15, 2016 11:45 am

This is an article about a wonderful Alexandrine stolen from a zoo in Canada. Thankfully, they have the video so they know the face of the man who stole it and will, eventually (I hope!) get it back. But this same bird was also stolen from the same zoo 5 years ago so my question is: If they knew the enclosure was not secure, why didn't they take precautions?!

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/montreal/ ... -1.3720880
Pajarita
Norwegian Blue

Number of Birds Owned: 30
Types of Birds Owned: RoseBreasted too, CAG, DoubleYellowHead Amazon, BlueFront Amazon, YellowNape Amazon, Senegal, African Redbelly, Quaker, Sun Conure, Nanday, BlackCap Caique, WhiteBelly Caique, PeachFace lovebird, budgies,
Flight: Yes

Re: Zoo parrot stolen!

Postby Bird woman » Mon Aug 15, 2016 1:06 pm

Slow learners!!!! :shock:
Bird woman
Amazon

Number of Birds Owned: 10
Types of Birds Owned: 2 mollucans, 2 LSC'S, 2 macaws, 1 bare-eye, 1 grey, 1 goffin and max the quaker

Re: Zoo parrot stolen!

Postby Pajarita » Tue Aug 16, 2016 9:33 am

Maybe they thought that the security cameras were enough but, personally, I would have risked it!
Pajarita
Norwegian Blue

Number of Birds Owned: 30
Types of Birds Owned: RoseBreasted too, CAG, DoubleYellowHead Amazon, BlueFront Amazon, YellowNape Amazon, Senegal, African Redbelly, Quaker, Sun Conure, Nanday, BlackCap Caique, WhiteBelly Caique, PeachFace lovebird, budgies,

Return to Parrot Tales