Trained Parrot BlogParrot Wizard Online Parrot Toy StoreThe Parrot Forum

Pajarita's update

Place to share personal stories, pictures and videos of your parrot.

Re: Pajarita's update

Postby liz » Sun Mar 19, 2017 6:06 am

It is always traumatizing to get up in the morning and find that one of the babies did not survive the night. They did not show any signs and were active the day before. I could have kicked myself for not seeing something was wrong but they hide it so good. Sweetie's passing was the worst. I loved her and she was a valuable bird in the little flock. What Shadow did did not help how I felt and messed up what happiness the other birds had.

I always feel so bad and blame it on myself for not being alert enough to see what was going on.
liz
Macaw

Number of Birds Owned: 14
Types of Birds Owned: DYH Amazon Rainbow
BF Amazon Myrtle
Cockatiels: Shadow Tammy Tommy Maggie Lacy Flutter Phoenix Jackie Tweet Amos Andy Gimpy
Flight: Yes

Re: Pajarita's update

Postby Bird woman » Sun Mar 19, 2017 6:23 am

Liz don't beat yourself up , birds are the best at hiding anything that is wrong until it's usually too late. My scales are my best defense against something being wrong but I'm not sure if the same applies to smaller flock birds as it would probably be hard to catch and weigh everyday and stress them out. I don't know how tame your fids are but mine get weighed everyday. I'm probably the most OCD person checking them all over everyday , weighing and monitoring food consumption . I drive myself crazy :lol: BW
Bird woman
Amazon

Number of Birds Owned: 10
Types of Birds Owned: 2 mollucans, 2 LSC'S, 2 macaws, 1 bare-eye, 1 grey, 1 goffin and max the quaker
Flight: Yes

Previous

Return to Parrot Tales