Trained Parrot BlogParrot Wizard Online Parrot Toy StoreThe Parrot Forum

Parrots in county fair

Place to share personal stories, pictures and videos of your parrot.

Parrots in county fair

Postby Pajarita » Thu Aug 25, 2016 9:38 am

This is an article on an upcoming county fair that, apparently, it's the first one to have parrots as well as farm animals. But, although I understand they are doing it to help birds (they answer questions, try to help people with 'trouble' birds and teach proper husbandry), I don't think I approve of it... I would not like to have my birds exposed to farm animals and strange people, for one thing, but, for another, I think that showing pretty birds at their best behavior gives people who know nothing about birds the wrong idea of what living with one means...

http://www.bainbridgereview.com/enterta ... 85151.html
Pajarita
Norwegian Blue

Number of Birds Owned: 30
Types of Birds Owned: RoseBreasted too, CAG, DoubleYellowHead Amazon, BlueFront Amazon, YellowNape Amazon, Senegal, African Redbelly, Quaker, Sun Conure, Nanday, BlackCap Caique, WhiteBelly Caique, PeachFace lovebird, budgies,
Flight: Yes

Re: Parrots in county fair

Postby Bird woman » Fri Aug 26, 2016 7:18 am

Not so sure what I think about parrots at the fair :roll: . Several years ago I went to the fair and this guy captain jack had something similar going on but more geared towards the parrot trick and wow factor. Some of his birds were so hot there mouths were open , toungs wagging and wings drooping. They were on display and some even flew over all the people to snatch dollar bills out of the audience hands. Dirty filthy money :shock: I guess if it really is to educate the people and they keep the birds cool and comfortable it would be a good thing. Those county fairs are soooo hot especially in my area at the time of the year that it happens. There's a flyer yesterday I got off the bullion board yesterday at the vets office where that north west bird club is doing a big parrot thing with breeders , displays and parrot sales. I'm going to go see what they are all about , not impressed with what I know so far. I'll just go and play stupid and keep my fat mouth shut. :lol: BW
Bird woman
Amazon

Number of Birds Owned: 10
Types of Birds Owned: 2 mollucans, 2 LSC'S, 2 macaws, 1 bare-eye, 1 grey, 1 goffin and max the quaker

Re: Parrots in county fair

Postby Pajarita » Sat Aug 27, 2016 1:18 pm

I can't go to places like that... For one thing, I can't really keep my mouth shut and, for another, I can't stop seeing the poor birds been sold like merchandise so these things bother me for months and months after.
Pajarita
Norwegian Blue

Number of Birds Owned: 30
Types of Birds Owned: RoseBreasted too, CAG, DoubleYellowHead Amazon, BlueFront Amazon, YellowNape Amazon, Senegal, African Redbelly, Quaker, Sun Conure, Nanday, BlackCap Caique, WhiteBelly Caique, PeachFace lovebird, budgies,

Return to Parrot Tales