Trained Parrot BlogParrot Wizard Online Parrot Toy StoreThe Parrot Forum

Reading the Rickeybird's Mind

Place to share personal stories, pictures and videos of your parrot.

Re: Reading the Rickeybird's Mind

Postby galeriagila » Sun Jul 02, 2017 7:20 pm

Yeah, their colors ARE subtle.
One person told me that they got their Green Cheek because they had surveyed conures and didn't really care about dramatic colors, and had heard Patagonians were super-loud and huge, so they went for the GC.
I figure that Patagonians may be whatever they are... sweet or awful. Among humans, there are Mother Theresas and Charlie Mansons, ya know!
Funny thing... I paid $500 for the Rb 33 years ago, and I ran across one for sale a little while back for the same amount.
galeriagila
Amazon

Number of Birds Owned: 1
Types of Birds Owned: 32-year-old Patagonian Conure
Flight: Yes

Postby Navre » Mon Jul 03, 2017 2:57 pm

galeriagila wrote:Yeah, their colors ARE subtle.
One person told me that they got their Green Cheek because they had surveyed conures and didn't really care about dramatic colors, and had heard Patagonians were super-loud and huge, so they went for the GC.
I figure that Patagonians may be whatever they are... sweet or awful. Among humans, there are Mother Theresas and Charlie Mansons, ya know!
Funny thing... I paid $500 for the Rb 33 years ago, and I ran across one for sale a little while back for the same amount.

That's because of the exchange rate with Patagonia!
Navre
African Grey

Number of Birds Owned: 2
Types of Birds Owned: Turquoise Green Cheek Conure
Hooded Parrot

Postby Pajarita » Mon Jul 03, 2017 3:15 pm

Navre wrote:We have a bronzewing. She is a super sweet bird. (I'm assuming female by the way she "interacts" with the side of he cage.) I really don't know if her coloration is typical. A lit of the birds still have bad feathers. I know that she is super-super skinny.

Morena, the bronzewing I had, was super sweet too but, in hindsight, I think her 'sweetness' was more due to her weakened state than anything else...
Pajarita
Norwegian Blue

Number of Birds Owned: 30
Types of Birds Owned: RoseBreasted too, CAG, DoubleYellowHead Amazon, BlueFront Amazon, YellowNape Amazon, Senegal, African Redbelly, Quaker, Sun Conure, Nanday, BlackCap Caique, WhiteBelly Caique, PeachFace lovebird, budgies,

Postby Pajarita » Mon Jul 03, 2017 3:20 pm

galeriagila wrote:Yeah, their colors ARE subtle.

Well, in terms of number of colors on a single bird, I think my yellow-sided GCC wins the prize because she has a huge number of colors! Not gaudy at all but quite colorful in her own way.

As to the same price... well, not quite because $500 in 1984 is the same as $1,600 today!
Pajarita
Norwegian Blue

Types of Birds Owned: RoseBreasted too, CAG, DoubleYellowHead Amazon, BlueFront Amazon, YellowNape Amazon, Senegal, African Redbelly, Quaker, Sun Conure, Nanday, BlackCap Caique, WhiteBelly Caique, PeachFace lovebird, budgies,

Postby galeriagila » Mon Jul 03, 2017 3:54 pm

Poor ol' Rickeybird's value has not kept up with inflation!
At least I didn't have to pay 1600 in "84. And I would have sold my car to do it... I was so smitten.
I met him in the bird store... he ran up my arm and rolled onto his back and grabbed at my hands with his footses. I later traced his band and discovered i was a dead ringer for his breeder. But I was enchanted and paid for him with my credit card, took him home and slept sitting up on the floor that night, waiting for the cage to be delivered the next day.
If only I had known...
galeriagila
Amazon

Postby galeriagila » Mon Jul 03, 2017 6:56 pm

The Rb is easily distracted from patriotism...

galeriagila
Amazon

Postby liz » Tue Jul 04, 2017 5:46 am

Ooooo. There is evil in that eye.
liz
Macaw

Number of Birds Owned: 12
Types of Birds Owned: DYH Amazon Rambo
BF Amazon Myrtle
Cockatiels: Shadow Tammy Flutter Phoenix Jackie
Andy Impy Louise Twila Leroy

Postby Pajarita » Tue Jul 04, 2017 9:41 am

Only problem is, Rickeybird, that 'naked' hens mean no feathers :lol:
Pajarita
Norwegian Blue

Postby galeriagila » Tue Jul 04, 2017 4:06 pm

PURE evil.

OMG...
Maybe he's just so used to ME that he has given up!!!!!
Somebody sent me this a while back. Funny! I had told her that the Rb was looking for "hot hens in leather corsets, what nose how to party". And she dreamed this up as a Patagonian Gentlerooster's Club. This would be one of the chicks who PERFORMS there.
galeriagila
Amazon

Postby Pajarita » Wed Jul 05, 2017 9:12 am

:lol: A Patagoniatrix!
Pajarita
Norwegian Blue

PreviousNext

Return to Parrot Tales