Trained Parrot BlogParrot Wizard Online Parrot Toy StoreThe Parrot Forum

Birds of a feather

Place to share personal stories, pictures and videos of your parrot.

Birds of a feather

Postby Pajarita » Sun Oct 16, 2016 12:16 pm

The title refers to the fact that both abused parrots and vets suffer from PTSD and the article (it's a loooong one) talks about how a non-profit helping vets with severe issues (we are talking guys that ended up having lots of problems with the law and everything) started and tells of different vets and how they got better from been with the parrots. The part I liked the best was when the guy talks about Chico, a female macaw that had been left alone in an apartment without food (the poor thing screamed and screamed -ended up self-mutilating in her despair- and the neighbors called the police -and thank God for that because, otherwise, she would have died!) and how much more intelligent than other birds she is. He tells of this bird who says: "I wanna go out, I wanna go out" and would keep on saying it even after he comes out of his cage and of Chico looking at the bird and telling it "You're already out" :lol: My Sweetpea is like that, a veritable genius!

http://www.heraldtribune.com/news/20161 ... of-feather
Pajarita
Norwegian Blue

Number of Birds Owned: 30
Types of Birds Owned: RoseBreasted too, CAG, DoubleYellowHead Amazon, BlueFront Amazon, YellowNape Amazon, Senegal, African Redbelly, Quaker, Sun Conure, Nanday, BlackCap Caique, WhiteBelly Caique, PeachFace lovebird, budgies,
Flight: Yes

Return to Parrot Tales