Trained Parrot BlogParrot Wizard Online Parrot Toy StoreThe Parrot Forum

Telepathic African Grey

Place to share personal stories, pictures and videos of your parrot.

Re: Telepathic African Grey

Postby Pajarita » Sun Nov 27, 2016 12:55 pm

Spiritualism IS a religious concept, Brandon. There are even churches for it. Check it out and you'll see.
Pajarita
Norwegian Blue

Number of Birds Owned: 30
Types of Birds Owned: RoseBreasted too, CAG, DoubleYellowHead Amazon, BlueFront Amazon, YellowNape Amazon, Senegal, African Redbelly, Quaker, Sun Conure, Nanday, BlackCap Caique, WhiteBelly Caique, PeachFace lovebird, budgies,
Flight: Yes

Postby ParrotsForLife » Sun Nov 27, 2016 1:00 pm

Pajarita wrote:Spiritualism IS a religious concept, Brandon. There are even churches for it. Check it out and you'll see.

If you believe in the spiritual world you are not believing in a whole different religion lol, What im saying is no matter what religion you believe in all the spiritual world exists whether you believe in it or not and seriously I am trying to keep the subject on topic.
ParrotsForLife
African Grey

Number of Birds Owned: 5
Types of Birds Owned: Rocko and Loki, Cockatiels
Mango, Plum headed parakeet
Tiko, African grey, Oscar, BFA

Postby ParrotsForLife » Sun Nov 27, 2016 1:02 pm

Thats just like saying you believe in Hinduism if you are Psychic
ParrotsForLife
African Grey

Postby seagoatdeb » Sun Nov 27, 2016 4:21 pm

Pajarita wrote:And there you go, again, denying the obvious, Brandon. If you talk about the third eye chakra been the source of the sixth sense (paranormal) you are talking about a religious concept based on a religion normally (and erroneously) called Hinduism so, yes, it was you that brought on this 'twist' in the telepathy subject.

I am all for letting things go but I will no longer allow Parrotsforlife or Seagoatdeb's negative postings to go uncontested. And, if we lose somebody with the kind of experience that Birdwoman has and who can bring so much to this forum because of them, I am going to be extremely teed off - and you have never yet seen me teed off!

Pajarita, I was not trying to be negative I was trying to stop the negative. Maybe I could have phrased it better, but I did try to and even asked for other view points before I posted . I have felt bad when Toggsey or any of the others that left because of your condescending attitude left, so I can understand how you feel. My coments were not to champion Brandon, but only to respond when I see people crossing the line into being disrespectfull and condescending. My coments were not directed at Bird woman at all, so i hope this clears that up. She said nothing except she was sitting on her hands. It was you that mentioned you were sitting on your hands because of Brandon and were condescending when replying to her post. Wolf has said he told the truth but may have been too condescending basically, so he is willing to look at his posts and post reasonably about them. You cant see your tone, but I would hope no mater how angry you get when people say what they believe to be true, I hope you will look at your own part in things before you post in anger. I am not going to respond anymore, I only wanted to respond to what may have not been clear to hopefully clear things up. I agree with Wolf and I think this post should just die out.

Just as a side note, I took several Religious studys courses in university, and none of Hinduism, Budism or New Age is classified as a Religion. Chakras has been used by Spiritual writers since the 1800s without looking at all of hinduisms teachings, and although it had an influence on the New Age movement, many other religions and practices are incorporated into the new age movement and so it has beliefs all its own. Telepathy has its own branch of study and is not linked to any one religion. The concept that it is in the third eye is a common one, however I have also come across writers who expain telepathy differently. I have attached the wiki link as a look at the new age beliefs and history to illistrate my point that it is not based soley on hinduism. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Age
seagoatdeb
African Grey

Number of Birds Owned: 2
Types of Birds Owned: Red Belly Poicephalus and a Meyers Poicephalus

Postby Pajarita » Mon Nov 28, 2016 12:20 pm

Seagoatdeb, Toggsy left because she couldn't handle an adult discussion where people were going to disagree with her. But people are now leaving because of Brandon's disrespect to members (as well as his constant disparaging of this site), his 'know-it-all' attitude and your championing him in this unacceptable behavior which only empowers him to keep at it. You do step up to defend Brandon, this is not only my opinion but the opinion of several other members (I've gotten emails and pms about this) and we are all tired of the strife that Brandon constantly causes and which you encourage. This is the reason why he has been banned in so many other sites - and, personally, I don't agree with Wolf's decision not to ban him in the hope that he will learn anything because it should be obvious by now that he won't. And it's not your place to address members that you think 'crossed the line' or to tell me what to think, what to do or what tone to use. Period. I am officially taking off my kid gloves. I never thought they would work but I accepted Wolf's reasons for them and, because I respect his opinion and his position of moderator, I did try - but will no longer do.

And, as reply to your 'side note', the concept of chakra originated in the Sanatana Dharma (incorrectly called Hinduism) and, regardless of who decided to use them afterward for their new made-up religion or practices, they are a religious concept (same as the concept of soul or ghosts). And, yes, Sanatana Dharma, Buddhism and New Age are considered religions. Look them up and you'll see (it's right there in black and white on the link you gave about New Age)
Pajarita
Norwegian Blue

Number of Birds Owned: 30
Types of Birds Owned: RoseBreasted too, CAG, DoubleYellowHead Amazon, BlueFront Amazon, YellowNape Amazon, Senegal, African Redbelly, Quaker, Sun Conure, Nanday, BlackCap Caique, WhiteBelly Caique, PeachFace lovebird, budgies,

Postby ParrotsForLife » Mon Nov 28, 2016 1:10 pm

Pajarita wrote:Seagoatdeb, Toggsy left because she couldn't handle an adult discussion where people were going to disagree with her. But people are now leaving because of Brandon's disrespect to members (as well as his constant disparaging of this site), his 'know-it-all' attitude and your championing him in this unacceptable behavior which only empowers him to keep at it. You do step up to defend Brandon, this is not only my opinion but the opinion of several other members (I've gotten emails and pms about this) and we are all tired of the strife that Brandon constantly causes and which you encourage. This is the reason why he has been banned in so many other sites - and, personally, I don't agree with Wolf's decision not to ban him in the hope that he will learn anything because it should be obvious by now that he won't. And it's not your place to address members that you think 'crossed the line' or to tell me what to think, what to do or what tone to use. Period. I am officially taking off my kid gloves. I never thought they would work but I accepted Wolf's reasons for them and, because I respect his opinion and his position of moderator, I did try - but will no longer do.

And, as reply to your 'side note', the concept of chakra originated in the Sanatana Dharma (incorrectly called Hinduism) and, regardless of who decided to use them afterward for their new made-up religion or practices, they are a religious concept (same as the concept of soul or ghosts). And, yes, Sanatana Dharma, Buddhism and New Age are considered religions. Look them up and you'll see (it's right there in black and white on the link you gave about New Age)

Paj you obviously have a problem with me I made it very clear I think its obvious and I can admit I do not like you and I have my reasons, You are very rude and I remember how rude you were to Toggsy and I never disrespect any other members but have disrespected you now thats the truth.Before Wolf told me to PM him instead of speaking on a public forum about birds but I wont do that neither will I continue this conversation because its not fair for Wolf to have his inbox filled with messages.Any group I have been banned from that your speaking off is something I shared with you all on the group and you even said yourself you didn't like that group and were banned from there too.
ParrotsForLife
African Grey

Postby ParrotsForLife » Mon Nov 28, 2016 1:12 pm

Is there any way to turn off commenting? If not ill probably just delete the thread even though I shouldn't have to its a public forum that shouldn't be filled with all this nonsense.
ParrotsForLife
African Grey

Postby Wolf » Tue Nov 29, 2016 7:25 am

Brandon, there is no way to turn off commenting, but you should not try to delete this topic either, it is what it is and deleting posts from it will just make it incomprehensible to anyone who does see it. Regardless of how it has developed there are lessons in it for each of us to learn from.

I have tried several posts on this but deleted them right away as they did not really express what I was wanting to say, so here I am again trying to share my thoughts in a way that is beneficial to all of us. I have made many mistakes since becoming the moderator, ranging from trying to address some of the past issues on the open forum to trying to address them all from behind the scenes in PMs to those involved. Sometimes my wording could have been better, just to mention a couple of things and I am sure that there are many others that could be brought up and added to the list, but that is not really the point.

The point is that we can all do better and speak to each other in a courteous and respectful manner, I really do not see anything that needs to be said that can not be said in such a manner, although it may at times be difficult for any one of us to do at a given time. That is to my way of thinking a sure sign that we need to wait a bit longer to get past ourselves before we reply to someone.

There are times when accurate information needs to take precedence over any other concern as it impacts the health and well being of our birds, but this type of information can be toned down in such a way that it does not come across as too harsh while still putting forth the correct information.

There are times when the topic under discussion is of a more speculative nature, times when the factual information is not as important as it is of a more nice to know rather than a need to know type of thing. Telepathy and chakras in ourselves and our birds seems to me to fall into this latter category. Since we really have no proof of its existence or non existence trying to prove anything about it to any other party is an exercise in futility as no one can prove or disprove it.

Yes, I can ban people from the forum, but I will not do so unless I can find no other option, it really does not solve anything in the long run, nor does it help anyone. Since this was brought up, I thought that I would address it and get it out of the way.

I am not here to practice censorship, or to control what is said or even how it is said that is for you to decide, although I will encourage everyone to speak to each other in a respectful manner, both on the open forum and in my PMs to other members. Other than that my purpose here is to remove spam, and to end arguments when I must , and I will be honest enough to say right up front that my viewpoint on having to end any argument is quite simple. If I have to step in to end an argument that all parties involved in that argument are wrong as they are not addressing each other in a respectful manner.

Some of us can remember when we could go to almost any topic on this forum and find someone arguing with someone else even when they were saying essentially the same thing. Is that what you want this forum to revert to? I know that is not what I want.

I know that we can do better than this. I believe in all of you and I believe in this forum, in the good that it can do through the efforts of all of us. Think about it and decide what you want this forum to be, what you want from it and what you have to share on it.
Wolf
Macaw

Number of Birds Owned: 6
Types of Birds Owned: Senegal
African Grey (CAG)
Yellow Naped Amazon
2Celestial Parrotlet
Budgie

Previous

Return to Parrot Tales