Trained Parrot BlogParrot Wizard Online Parrot Toy StoreThe Parrot Forum

Telepathic African Grey

Place to share personal stories, pictures and videos of your parrot.

Re: Telepathic African Grey

Postby ParrotsForLife » Sat Nov 26, 2016 4:24 pm

Thank you for that Deborah
ParrotsForLife
African Grey

Number of Birds Owned: 5
Types of Birds Owned: Rocko and Loki, Cockatiels
Mango, Plum headed parakeet
Tiko, African grey, Oscar, BFA
Flight: Yes

Postby seagoatdeb » Sat Nov 26, 2016 4:58 pm

ParrotsForLife wrote:Thank you for that Deborah
Normally, I would have advised you to just contact Wolf when the thread started to go this way, but Wolf was also involved. Lets all agree to have peace now and not carry this on to other threads.
seagoatdeb
African Grey

Number of Birds Owned: 2
Types of Birds Owned: Red Belly Poicephalus and a Meyers Poicephalus

Postby Wolf » Sat Nov 26, 2016 8:05 pm

Yes, I was involved simply because I also have an opinion on the subject matter and just as everyone else who commented I have the right to express that opinion. Perhaps there was a little bit of condensation in some of my replies, but when you make statements that you know all about something when you obviously do not, you invite that.

Brandon has quite a history of being condescending, disrespectful of others, as well as being very rude to anyone that does not agree with what he says. You. seagoatdeb, have quite the history of defending him but you do not defend any of the people that he is rude and disrespectful to.

He is 16 years old and is not a child, he is a young man and it is time for him to act as such. This is a site that is about parrots and people come here to learn about them and regardless of his age these people expect that the information that they get here be accurate as much as it is possible to be accurate. It can be fun to talk about speculative topics such as this one, but when these things are brought up there are going to be many different opinions and ways of viewing them, topics such as this one practically invites debate.

I do not think that when someone suggests that one learn enough about their own topic to discuss it in a somewhat knowledgeable or at least a rational manner is condescending in any way. I am not here to censor what people share or how they share it although I do try to get them to try and be respectful of each other, which I mostly try to do through the private messages and not on the open forum.

I also think that it would be a good idea to let this topic go and have tried to express that on more than one occasion.
Wolf
Macaw

Number of Birds Owned: 6
Types of Birds Owned: Senegal
African Grey (CAG)
Yellow Naped Amazon
2Celestial Parrotlet
Budgie

Postby ParrotsForLife » Sat Nov 26, 2016 8:23 pm

Wolf wrote:Yes, I was involved simply because I also have an opinion on the subject matter and just as everyone else who commented I have the right to express that opinion. Perhaps there was a little bit of condensation in some of my replies, but when you make statements that you know all about something when you obviously do not, you invite that.

Brandon has quite a history of being condescending, disrespectful of others, as well as being very rude to anyone that does not agree with what he says. You. seagoatdeb, have quite the history of defending him but you do not defend any of the people that he is rude and disrespectful to.

He is 16 years old and is not a child, he is a young man and it is time for him to act as such. This is a site that is about parrots and people come here to learn about them and regardless of his age these people expect that the information that they get here be accurate as much as it is possible to be accurate. It can be fun to talk about speculative topics such as this one, but when these things are brought up there are going to be many different opinions and ways of viewing them, topics such as this one practically invites debate.

I do not think that when someone suggests that one learn enough about their own topic to discuss it in a somewhat knowledgeable or at least a rational manner is condescending in any way. I am not here to censor what people share or how they share it although I do try to get them to try and be respectful of each other, which I mostly try to do through the private messages and not on the open forum.

I also think that it would be a good idea to let this topic go and have tried to express that on more than one occasion.

The thing is I'm also not from the states so what you think might be disrespectful wouldn't be here or you just want to hear it that way because we are talking online and you cant hear my tone of voice, And also sometimes when I reply I would talk as if your right in front of me so I can see where it might cause confusion and you would think I'm being rude or disrespectful.Honestly I can admit the only person here I have ever been disrespectful to is Pajarita like she has done the same and I think everything between us has been settled.I could care less if someone disagrees with me its called a disagreement its normal and it doesn't have to lead to a huge fight and if your talking about that thread again "Yummy Pellets" there was no disagreement.
ParrotsForLife
African Grey

Postby Wolf » Sun Nov 27, 2016 6:58 am

Well I go disagree with you about there being no disrespectful comments to other people, and apparently some of them think that you have been disrespectful to them as well.

Still, I understand how different cultures and the way that they speak in these cultures can have this type of an effect, making it seem that you are being rude and disrespectful when that is not your intent. But then it is always a good choice to listen to those who think that you are so that you can improve on your interactions with them.

I think that in most cases if those involved will talk it out and say to each other, perhaps I misunderstood or perhaps I came off in the wrong way and will try to do better that these things can be talked out without having much outside interference. Because of this I have tried to mostly let the involved people know through a PM, that an issue is developing that they should look into and try to do better.

This is a forum and the very nature of a forum means that there are going to be disagreements as well as things being taken Wrong when it was not intended. I much prefer that the parties involved work these things out together. I am not here to censure anyone and for that reason I try to stay out of most of these things, unless the problem gets too far out of whack.

I thanked seagoatdeb for her observation because, although I had no intent to be condescending to you, I recognized that I may have been. It is not her place however to take other members to task based on her perceptions, if she has an issue then she needs to speak to me about it. I may be involved due to my having an opinion, but I try very hard to not allow that to get in the way of my being as impartial as possible, if I have to act in any manner. And I think that most of the people on the forum will agree with that statement.

I am all for letting this go and moving on to bigger and better things as we can argue about this for half of forever and still not get anywhere towards solving anything.
Wolf
Macaw

African Grey (CAG)
Yellow Naped Amazon
2Celestial Parrotlet
Budgie

Postby ParrotsForLife » Sun Nov 27, 2016 7:54 am

I don't know why the Subject was changed in the first place lol
ParrotsForLife
African Grey

Postby Wolf » Sun Nov 27, 2016 9:00 am

Because you changed it when you started talking about chakras. Everyone else just followed along with your comments. That may not have been what you intended to have happen, but that is how it happened.
Wolf
Macaw

African Grey (CAG)
Yellow Naped Amazon
2Celestial Parrotlet
Budgie

Postby ParrotsForLife » Sun Nov 27, 2016 11:09 am

Wolf wrote:Because you changed it when you started talking about chakras. Everyone else just followed along with your comments. That may not have been what you intended to have happen, but that is how it happened.

My talking had to do with the Subject I didn't change it lol it was you and Paj that started talking about hinduism
ParrotsForLife
African Grey

Postby Pajarita » Sun Nov 27, 2016 12:07 pm

And there you go, again, denying the obvious, Brandon. If you talk about the third eye chakra been the source of the sixth sense (paranormal) you are talking about a religious concept based on a religion normally (and erroneously) called Hinduism so, yes, it was you that brought on this 'twist' in the telepathy subject.

I am all for letting things go but I will no longer allow Parrotsforlife or Seagoatdeb's negative postings to go uncontested. And, if we lose somebody with the kind of experience that Birdwoman has and who can bring so much to this forum because of them, I am going to be extremely teed off - and you have never yet seen me teed off!
Pajarita
Norwegian Blue

Number of Birds Owned: 30
Types of Birds Owned: RoseBreasted too, CAG, DoubleYellowHead Amazon, BlueFront Amazon, YellowNape Amazon, Senegal, African Redbelly, Quaker, Sun Conure, Nanday, BlackCap Caique, WhiteBelly Caique, PeachFace lovebird, budgies,

Postby ParrotsForLife » Sun Nov 27, 2016 12:48 pm

Pajarita wrote:And there you go, again, denying the obvious, Brandon. If you talk about the third eye chakra been the source of the sixth sense (paranormal) you are talking about a religious concept based on a religion normally (and erroneously) called Hinduism so, yes, it was you that brought on this 'twist' in the telepathy subject.

I am all for letting things go but I will no longer allow Parrotsforlife or Seagoatdeb's negative postings to go uncontested. And, if we lose somebody with the kind of experience that Birdwoman has and who can bring so much to this forum because of them, I am going to be extremely teed off - and you have never yet seen me teed off!

Oh Pajarita there you go again acting like your some Angel as if you haven't done anything wrong in the past and Denied it, Like I already said Chakra as in the spiritual world is not religious its spiritual and Deborah already explained that.
ParrotsForLife
African Grey

PreviousNext

Return to Parrot Tales