Trained Parrot BlogParrot Wizard Online Parrot Toy StoreThe Parrot Forum

Charlie

Place to share personal stories, pictures and videos of your parrot.

Re: Charlie

Postby ParrotsForLife » Wed Dec 14, 2016 9:27 am

liz wrote:
Bird woman wrote:Brandon don't you have any rescues in your area ? I'd advertise on Craig's list offering a good home for a parrot in need. Who knows someone might have tiko. I probably would have been running an add like that right away just in case someone found my bird and tried to sell it. I wouldn't put specifically African grey or they might get suspicious, but any parrot wanted , you can always say that's not what your looking for. Just a thought :D BW

It sounds like you intend to buy a bird. I agree with Bird Woman. CG has the birds that are not wanted. Some humans are desperate enough to get rid of them that they will give them away free. (That really scares me. They could become snake food.)

I am trying to stay with just 3 species: DYH Amazon, BF Amazon and Cockatiels. I was so dumb about birds that I was shocked to see the BF so different than the DYH. I never thought about different Amazons.

Myrtle was on CL. The woman decided she was too much work and not enough fun. I saw in an instant why she was not fun and willingly paid the $300 homing fee to get her out of their.

It is so rewarding bringing these little beings back to physical and mental health. Some never make it and end up back in the rehoming throw away pile. It took a while and I was surprised that it took so long but Rainbow now eats good food and no junk. Myrtle gained weight, with nutrition she regained the color she was suppose to be and gained weight.

I was at that woman's house the next morning with the $300 because of the way the add was listed.

Yeah as we were gonna take Charlie we cant now unfortunately and yes my mam does intend to buy a bird, A baby Blue fronted Amazon though we are just going to visit him first.There are no unwanted birds here at least not advertised anyway.
ParrotsForLife
African Grey

Number of Birds Owned: 5
Types of Birds Owned: Rocko and Loki, Cockatiels
Mango, Plum headed parakeet
Tiko, African grey, Oscar, BFA
Flight: Yes

Postby ParrotsForLife » Wed Dec 14, 2016 9:28 am

Bird woman wrote:Brandon don't you have any rescues in your area ? I'd advertise on Craig's list offering a good home for a parrot in need. Who knows someone might have tiko. I probably would have been running an add like that right away just in case someone found my bird and tried to sell it. I wouldn't put specifically African grey or they might get suspicious, but any parrot wanted , you can always say that's not what your looking for. Just a thought :D BW

I hope someone does have Tiko otherwise I doubt she would be alive, Of course I have put ads up and unfortunately there are no rescues otherwise I think I would be volunteering at one by now.
ParrotsForLife
African Grey

Postby ParrotsForLife » Wed Dec 14, 2016 1:52 pm

The owner was being very honest and told me he is clipped due to being kept in the living room and didn't want him breaking things though we will let him grow his beautiful feathers out and he told me that he can be a little bold sometimes and not step up which is what I was kinda expecting with an Amazon lol though I will teach him a lot of things while young such as Harness training and basic commands and also getting him used to as many new foods as possible.
ParrotsForLife
African Grey

Postby Pajarita » Wed Dec 14, 2016 4:25 pm

The BFA are one of the 'hot three' so make sure it gets a low protein diet (no pellets) and follows a super strict solar schedule (you had previously stated that you did not believe in the solar schedule and we all know that Tiko was up at 1 am and have seen pictures of your tiels in the mall at night, that's why I said what I said).
Pajarita
Norwegian Blue

Number of Birds Owned: 30
Types of Birds Owned: RoseBreasted too, CAG, DoubleYellowHead Amazon, BlueFront Amazon, YellowNape Amazon, Senegal, African Redbelly, Quaker, Sun Conure, Nanday, BlackCap Caique, WhiteBelly Caique, PeachFace lovebird, budgies,

Postby ParrotsForLife » Wed Dec 14, 2016 4:54 pm

Pajarita wrote:The BFA are one of the 'hot three' so make sure it gets a low protein diet (no pellets) and follows a super strict solar schedule (you had previously stated that you did not believe in the solar schedule and we all know that Tiko was up at 1 am and have seen pictures of your tiels in the mall at night, that's why I said what I said).

Lol the Mall is closed at night very different from America most places here close at 6 pm and in those pictures its morning lol like around 11 am, They are not on a strict solar schedule they just go to bed at sundown now and wake up whenever.What does protein do to affect such a temperamental bird? Also I never said I didn't believe in a solar schedule btw what is there to believe lol :lol:
ParrotsForLife
African Grey

Postby Bird woman » Wed Dec 14, 2016 5:54 pm

Shut up bird woman!!!! :o
Bird woman
Amazon

Number of Birds Owned: 10
Types of Birds Owned: 2 mollucans, 2 LSC'S, 2 macaws, 1 bare-eye, 1 grey, 1 goffin and max the quaker

Postby ParrotsForLife » Wed Dec 14, 2016 6:40 pm

Bird woman wrote:Shut up bird woman!!!! :o

Did you misunderstand something I said and take it the wrong way? That would explain why your shocked.
ParrotsForLife
African Grey

Postby liz » Wed Dec 14, 2016 8:05 pm

Pajarita wrote:The BFA are one of the 'hot three' so make sure it gets a low protein diet (no pellets) and follows a super strict solar schedule (you had previously stated that you did not believe in the solar schedule and we all know that Tiko was up at 1 am and have seen pictures of your tiels in the mall at night, that's why I said what I said).

He needs to reread Rambo and Myrtle. Myrtle is the BF and she has put me through some paces. She would knock Rainbow off of anything just for the fun of it. She is very jealous and will yell at me or talk back. She has bit me when she get angry or give me kisses when she is in a good mood. Lately she has been standoffish and will not come to me unless it is her idea.

Research. I didn't but did not expect her to be a pet. I just wanted to help a throwaway be healthy and happy.
liz
Macaw

Number of Birds Owned: 12
Types of Birds Owned: DYH Amazon Rambo
BF Amazon Myrtle
Cockatiels: Shadow Tammy Flutter Phoenix Jackie
Andy Impy Louise Twila Leroy

Postby ParrotsForLife » Thu Dec 15, 2016 2:17 am

liz wrote:

He needs to reread Rambo and Myrtle. Myrtle is the BF and she has put me through some paces. She would knock Rainbow off of anything just for the fun of it. She is very jealous and will yell at me or talk back. She has bit me when she get angry or give me kisses when she is in a good mood. Lately she has been standoffish and will not come to me unless it is her idea.

Research. I didn't but did not expect her to be a pet. I just wanted to help a throwaway be healthy and happy.

I did my research and have friends who owns Amazons too and yes they have gotten some bad bites and one person I met yesterday his BFA bit his friend because he was teasing him and ended up having to get 8 stitches in his finger.I read what you said no need to re read it every Parrot is different and I know what Amazons are like and I'm ready for that and its not like I'm alone in this.I don't see why try to change my mind like acting as if nobody should take these birds.
ParrotsForLife
African Grey

Postby liz » Thu Dec 15, 2016 8:08 am

I did not mean that you should never get one. I was just telling you what my BF is like. Since I do very little research and depend on the other members all I can tell you is what this Momma knows about her kids.

Myrtle is supper smart. I don't know if that is in the species or just Myrtle. She is like a infuriating toddler and keeps me on my toes. Are you surprised that I spelled infuriating correctly.

Very few of the bites I have receive from the Amazons actually brought blood. It is more like denting my skin and does not leave a permanent mark.
liz
Macaw

Number of Birds Owned: 12
Types of Birds Owned: DYH Amazon Rambo
BF Amazon Myrtle
Cockatiels: Shadow Tammy Flutter Phoenix Jackie
Andy Impy Louise Twila Leroy

PreviousNext

Return to Parrot Tales