Trained Parrot BlogParrot Wizard Online Parrot Toy StoreThe Parrot Forum

Charlie

Place to share personal stories, pictures and videos of your parrot.

Re: Charlie

Postby Bird woman » Sat Dec 03, 2016 12:30 pm

What's that white patch on Charlie's beak? Might be food I can't tell in the video :D very handsome little fellow. BW
Bird woman
Amazon

Number of Birds Owned: 10
Types of Birds Owned: 2 mollucans, 2 LSC'S, 2 macaws, 1 bare-eye, 1 grey, 1 goffin and max the quaker
Flight: Yes

Postby ParrotsForLife » Sat Dec 03, 2016 5:29 pm

Bird woman wrote:What's that white patch on Charlie's beak? Might be food I can't tell in the video :D very handsome little fellow. BW

Its from the calcium perch it looks white but the perch is pink lol, He is such a cutie and was sad when I was saying goodbye though he will he very happy to be with us for Christmas :)
ParrotsForLife
African Grey

Number of Birds Owned: 5
Types of Birds Owned: Rocko and Loki, Cockatiels
Mango, Plum headed parakeet
Tiko, African grey, Oscar, BFA

Postby ParrotsForLife » Mon Dec 12, 2016 12:48 pm

Sadly Charlie will not be coming home with us :( they said they are gonna keep him and all African greys need CITES papers now and no more Greys will be bred in the future.
ParrotsForLife
African Grey

Postby liz » Tue Dec 13, 2016 8:00 am

So sorry
liz
Macaw

Number of Birds Owned: 12
Types of Birds Owned: DYH Amazon Rambo
BF Amazon Myrtle
Cockatiels: Shadow Tammy Flutter Phoenix Jackie
Andy Impy Louise Twila Leroy

Postby ParrotsForLife » Tue Dec 13, 2016 9:01 am

liz wrote:So sorry

I seen some baby Amazons needing new homes all different species coming from different homes, They are Blue fronted, Lilac crowned and Yellow headed so I'm gonna do some research and see what my mam thinks about them since she is a Grey lover lol.What are your experiences with Amazons? I have been told how they behave when they reach maturity.
ParrotsForLife
African Grey

Postby Pajarita » Tue Dec 13, 2016 4:43 pm

Amazons are completely different from grays with males becoming quite aggressive when hormonal and, taking into consideration that you keep your birds up at night, I would NOT recommend your getting one.
Pajarita
Norwegian Blue

Number of Birds Owned: 30
Types of Birds Owned: RoseBreasted too, CAG, DoubleYellowHead Amazon, BlueFront Amazon, YellowNape Amazon, Senegal, African Redbelly, Quaker, Sun Conure, Nanday, BlackCap Caique, WhiteBelly Caique, PeachFace lovebird, budgies,

Postby ParrotsForLife » Tue Dec 13, 2016 4:50 pm

Pajarita wrote:Amazons are completely different from grays with males becoming quite aggressive when hormonal and, taking into consideration that you keep your birds up at night, I would NOT recommend your getting one.

Yes im aware and have been doing research of course, And no Pajarita my birds go to bed at sundown its just not something I would feel the need to mention lol.And its not really me getting one its my mams choice, She loves African greys but I told her about the babies and a little about them so we will be visiting these baby Blue fronted Amazons.
Last edited by ParrotsForLife on Tue Dec 13, 2016 4:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ParrotsForLife
African Grey

Postby ParrotsForLife » Tue Dec 13, 2016 4:51 pm

So we will be visiting a 6 month old Blue fronted Amazon and another baby in the Pet shop.I have already seen the one in the pet shop before and he was scared of me and spread his wings and havent met the 6 month old at all.
ParrotsForLife
African Grey

Postby Bird woman » Tue Dec 13, 2016 8:44 pm

Brandon don't you have any rescues in your area ? I'd advertise on Craig's list offering a good home for a parrot in need. Who knows someone might have tiko. I probably would have been running an add like that right away just in case someone found my bird and tried to sell it. I wouldn't put specifically African grey or they might get suspicious, but any parrot wanted , you can always say that's not what your looking for. Just a thought :D BW
Bird woman
Amazon

Number of Birds Owned: 10
Types of Birds Owned: 2 mollucans, 2 LSC'S, 2 macaws, 1 bare-eye, 1 grey, 1 goffin and max the quaker

Postby liz » Wed Dec 14, 2016 7:00 am

Bird woman wrote:Brandon don't you have any rescues in your area ? I'd advertise on Craig's list offering a good home for a parrot in need. Who knows someone might have tiko. I probably would have been running an add like that right away just in case someone found my bird and tried to sell it. I wouldn't put specifically African grey or they might get suspicious, but any parrot wanted , you can always say that's not what your looking for. Just a thought :D BW

It sounds like you intend to buy a bird. I agree with Bird Woman. CG has the birds that are not wanted. Some humans are desperate enough to get rid of them that they will give them away free. (That really scares me. They could become snake food.)

I am trying to stay with just 3 species: DYH Amazon, BF Amazon and Cockatiels. I was so dumb about birds that I was shocked to see the BF so different than the DYH. I never thought about different Amazons.

Myrtle was on CL. The woman decided she was too much work and not enough fun. I saw in an instant why she was not fun and willingly paid the $300 homing fee to get her out of their.

It is so rewarding bringing these little beings back to physical and mental health. Some never make it and end up back in the rehoming throw away pile. It took a while and I was surprised that it took so long but Rainbow now eats good food and no junk. Myrtle gained weight, with nutrition she regained the color she was suppose to be and gained weight.

I was at that woman's house the next morning with the $300 because of the way the add was listed.
liz
Macaw

Number of Birds Owned: 12
Types of Birds Owned: DYH Amazon Rambo
BF Amazon Myrtle
Cockatiels: Shadow Tammy Flutter Phoenix Jackie
Andy Impy Louise Twila Leroy

PreviousNext

Return to Parrot Tales