Trained Parrot BlogParrot Wizard Online Parrot Toy StoreThe Parrot Forum

Spyro's Visit

Place to share personal stories, pictures and videos of your parrot.

Spyro's Visit

Postby ParrotsForLife » Fri Nov 25, 2016 6:30 pm

Well Spyro and his owners came to meet us and see where he would be staying etc and he met my birds though they kept flying away from him which is usually what they do around strangers, Spyro was so well behaved and was nervous at first being around a new environment and people but he stepped up for me and I gave him head scratches and he also lays on his back in your hand it was so cute.I will have no problems at all looking after him from 22nd December to 3rd January and also two lovebirds that stayed with us before they will be coming on the 17th December and Spyro also eats the same pellets as my birds.
ParrotsForLife
African Grey

Number of Birds Owned: 5
Types of Birds Owned: Rocko and Loki, Cockatiels
Mango, Plum headed parakeet
Tiko, African grey, Oscar, BFA
Flight: Yes

Re: Spyro's Visit

Postby ParrotsForLife » Fri Nov 25, 2016 6:31 pm

Spyro is a lot smaller than Tiko and obviously weighs less I was shocked when he stepped up lol
ParrotsForLife
African Grey

Postby Wolf » Fri Nov 25, 2016 6:50 pm

Both you and Spyro's humans are braver than I am as I would never even consider allowing a strange bird to interact with any of my birds, they would have to be kept in quarantine every time that they came over just to protect their health.
Wolf
Macaw

Number of Birds Owned: 6
Types of Birds Owned: Senegal
African Grey (CAG)
Yellow Naped Amazon
2Celestial Parrotlet
Budgie

Postby ParrotsForLife » Fri Nov 25, 2016 6:58 pm

Wolf wrote:Both you and Spyro's humans are braver than I am as I would never even consider allowing a strange bird to interact with any of my birds, they would have to be kept in quarantine every time that they came over just to protect their health.

Did I say anything about interacting with my birds? Read again
ParrotsForLife
African Grey

Postby ParrotsForLife » Fri Nov 25, 2016 6:59 pm

By Strangers I meant "humans" they would never fly away from other birds
ParrotsForLife
African Grey

Postby Wolf » Sat Nov 26, 2016 9:49 am

O k, that was not very clear as to what you meant thank you for clearing it up for me.
Wolf
Macaw

Number of Birds Owned: 6
Types of Birds Owned: Senegal
African Grey (CAG)
Yellow Naped Amazon
2Celestial Parrotlet
Budgie

Postby Rmoses » Sun Nov 27, 2016 11:03 am

ParrotsForLife wrote:Well Spyro and his owners came to meet us and see where he would be staying etc and he met my birds though they kept flying away from him which is usually what they do around strangers, Spyro was so well behaved and was nervous at first being around a new environment and people but he stepped up for me and I gave him head scratches and he also lays on his back in your hand it was so cute.I will have no problems at all looking after him from 22nd December to 3rd January and also two lovebirds that stayed with us before they will be coming on the 17th December and Spyro also eats the same pellets as my birds.

Sure sounds like Spyro met you and your birds to see where he(Spyro) would be staying etc and he(Spyro) met my birds though they(your birds) kept flying away from him(Spyro) whis is usually what they(your birds) do around strangers,... If you mean that your birds kept flying away from Spyro's owners then "he met my birds" should be changed to "they met my birds" and "him" should be changed to "them". Culture or not what you wrote states that your birds kept flying away from Spyro. and if they flew away then they were with Spyro, which is interaction. Now take this to your English teacher and have the teacher explain it to you.
Rick
Rmoses
Cockatiel

Number of Birds Owned: 1
Types of Birds Owned: white fronted amazon

Postby ParrotsForLife » Sun Nov 27, 2016 11:07 am

Rmoses wrote:
ParrotsForLife wrote:Well Spyro and his owners came to meet us and see where he would be staying etc and he met my birds though they kept flying away from him which is usually what they do around strangers, Spyro was so well behaved and was nervous at first being around a new environment and people but he stepped up for me and I gave him head scratches and he also lays on his back in your hand it was so cute.I will have no problems at all looking after him from 22nd December to 3rd January and also two lovebirds that stayed with us before they will be coming on the 17th December and Spyro also eats the same pellets as my birds.

Sure sounds like Spyro met you and your birds to see where he(Spyro) would be staying etc and he(Spyro) met my birds though they(your birds) kept flying away from him(Spyro) whis is usually what they(your birds) do around strangers,... If you mean that your birds kept flying away from Spyro's owners then "he met my birds" should be changed to "they met my birds" and "him" should be changed to "them". Culture or not what you wrote states that your birds kept flying away from Spyro. and if they flew away then they were with Spyro, which is interaction. Now take this to your English teacher and have the teacher explain it to you.
Rick

Yeah and I already explained there was no need for your unnecessary comment
ParrotsForLife
African Grey

Postby Rmoses » Sun Nov 27, 2016 12:58 pm

That is one of the good things about this forum, you Brandon do not decide which post is necessary or unnecessary.
Rmoses
Cockatiel

Number of Birds Owned: 1
Types of Birds Owned: white fronted amazon

Postby ParrotsForLife » Sun Nov 27, 2016 1:04 pm

Rmoses wrote:That is one of the good things about this forum, you Brandon do not decide which post is necessary or unnecessary.

Did I decide? I said it was unnecessary thats not telling you what to do I'm just saying there was no need when I already explained.
ParrotsForLife
African Grey

Next

Return to Parrot Tales