Trained Parrot BlogParrot Wizard Online Parrot Toy StoreThe Parrot Forum

Welcome Home

Place to share personal stories, pictures and videos of your parrot.

Re: Welcome Home

Postby Pajarita » Sat Dec 17, 2016 1:54 pm

My Oscar was 33 years old when he came to me and had been fed wrong (seeds and meat!) his entire life - he was one of the two zons that had cholesterol deposits in his eyes. I couldn't save him, poor thing!
Pajarita
Norwegian Blue

Number of Birds Owned: 30
Types of Birds Owned: RoseBreasted too, CAG, DoubleYellowHead Amazon, BlueFront Amazon, YellowNape Amazon, Senegal, African Redbelly, Quaker, Sun Conure, Nanday, BlackCap Caique, WhiteBelly Caique, PeachFace lovebird, budgies,
Flight: Yes

Postby ParrotsForLife » Sat Dec 17, 2016 2:40 pm

I don't know how anybody could think that they can just eat one thing all their life I wouldn't even want to eat the same dinner everyday so I add different veg and fruit.
ParrotsForLife
African Grey

Number of Birds Owned: 5
Types of Birds Owned: Rocko and Loki, Cockatiels
Mango, Plum headed parakeet
Tiko, African grey, Oscar, BFA

Postby Bird woman » Sat Dec 17, 2016 2:52 pm

Sometimes I have to strain my brain to keep things interesting for the fids while following there dietary needs and I'm a professional cook. Often I have thought about a company that does fresh frozen TV dinners for parrots to sell in the supermarket. THAT WOULD BE TO EASY. Make my life perfect :lol: BW. ( and no I'm not kidding )
Bird woman
Amazon

Number of Birds Owned: 10
Types of Birds Owned: 2 mollucans, 2 LSC'S, 2 macaws, 1 bare-eye, 1 grey, 1 goffin and max the quaker

Postby Pajarita » Sun Dec 18, 2016 11:49 am

There is really no reason to complicate things too much when it comes to their food and variety. I have a number of 'recipes' of gloop flavors that I have put together over the years; each of them has a 'name' (Apple Pie, Pina Colada, Eastern Delight, Pizza, Chili, Thanksgiving casserole, etc) to make it easier on me to remember and I just alternate a fruity one day, a spicy the next. When I was working, I would plan and prepare the different gloop flavors in advance and simply label the freezer baggies with the name of the recipe.
Pajarita
Norwegian Blue

Types of Birds Owned: RoseBreasted too, CAG, DoubleYellowHead Amazon, BlueFront Amazon, YellowNape Amazon, Senegal, African Redbelly, Quaker, Sun Conure, Nanday, BlackCap Caique, WhiteBelly Caique, PeachFace lovebird, budgies,

Postby Bird woman » Sun Dec 18, 2016 12:19 pm

That's a good idea {the names} sometimes they don't like the gloop I make and being a cook the names will help me remember the ones they do like.BW
Bird woman
Amazon

Number of Birds Owned: 10
Types of Birds Owned: 2 mollucans, 2 LSC'S, 2 macaws, 1 bare-eye, 1 grey, 1 goffin and max the quaker

Postby Pajarita » Sun Dec 18, 2016 1:31 pm

My birds favorites are Apple Pie (naturally dried, unsulfured organic apple chips which I soak in warm water overnight, raisins and/or currants, grated lemon peel and cinnamon) and Chili (chopped organic red peppers and chili powder).
Pajarita
Norwegian Blue

Previous

Return to Parrot Tales