Trained Parrot BlogParrot Wizard Online Parrot Toy StoreThe Parrot Forum

Oscars New Hoodie

Place to share personal stories, pictures and videos of your parrot.

Re: Oscars New Hoodie

Postby Loriusgarrulus » Tue Jan 17, 2017 11:11 pm

Ssssh Dont tell everyone.
They will all be wanting Amazons.
Parrot sniffing will become the new addiction. :lol:
Growing Old Disgracefully
Loriusgarrulus
Conure

Number of Birds Owned: 2
Types of Birds Owned: Yellow backed chattering lory: Kanga
Blackheaded caique: Tupi
Yellow thighed caique: Karo
Flight: Yes

Postby Rmoses » Tue Jan 17, 2017 11:29 pm

Bird woman wrote:Quit sniffing the bird Brandon :lol: I've never had a amazon come into the rescue or even had the pleasure of interacting with one . I hear there quite intelligent but can be terribly nippy.BW

Zon sniffing, toe sucking toos, what a weird bunch. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I can't imagine what they say about their humans when they get together.
R :pirate:
Rmoses
Cockatiel

Number of Birds Owned: 1
Types of Birds Owned: white fronted amazon

Postby Wolf » Wed Jan 18, 2017 6:57 am

Just a word of caution, Brandon, also for those who might not know this of may have forgotten about it, but in parrots excitement is just a heartbeat away from aggression. This is the reason why we should only interact with our birds after they have calmed down when they get excited.
Wolf
Macaw

Number of Birds Owned: 6
Types of Birds Owned: Senegal
African Grey (CAG)
Yellow Naped Amazon
2Celestial Parrotlet
Budgie

Postby liz » Wed Jan 18, 2017 7:15 am

I tell mine they smell like chicken. I have to be careful calling them chicken. I and all my critters are living with my son right now. His two little Wienerhounds' mouths water when they hear the word chicken.
liz
Macaw

Number of Birds Owned: 12
Types of Birds Owned: DYH Amazon Rambo
BF Amazon Myrtle
Cockatiels: Shadow Tammy Flutter Phoenix Jackie
Andy Impy Louise Twila Leroy

Postby ParrotsForLife » Wed Jan 18, 2017 9:59 am

Bird woman wrote:Quit sniffing the bird Brandon :lol: I've never had a amazon come into the rescue or even had the pleasure of interacting with one . I hear there quite intelligent but can be terribly nippy.BW

Yes they are very intelligent and the other day Oscar was on the cage floor playing with his toys and he picked up his wooden ring and put it on his leg so he could climb up the cage to play with it.Babies are supposed to be a little nippy too but Oscar never is but definitely gets grumpy.
ParrotsForLife
African Grey

Number of Birds Owned: 5
Types of Birds Owned: Rocko and Loki, Cockatiels
Mango, Plum headed parakeet
Tiko, African grey, Oscar, BFA

Postby ParrotsForLife » Wed Jan 18, 2017 10:01 am

Wolf wrote:Just a word of caution, Brandon, also for those who might not know this of may have forgotten about it, but in parrots excitement is just a heartbeat away from aggression. This is the reason why we should only interact with our birds after they have calmed down when they get excited.

Oh really I already knew this about Amazons but didn't know it was the same for other species, When Oscar is talking he gets very excited especially when I get up in the morning or after school and I wait until he calms down before picking him up.
ParrotsForLife
African Grey

Postby Pajarita » Wed Jan 18, 2017 10:54 am

ParrotsForLife wrote:Have you seen the green pants that Amazons have lol I never noticed until getting an Amazon myself :lol: and their scent is really nice, And like Pajarita was saying I think it might be true because now that Oscar is here longer he is starting to smell less muskier and more sweet.

Ahhhh, you see? I didn't want to start another argument when you listed the 'good' diet the breeder was giving him but you need to realize that people lie all the time, especially people who are trying to sell you something and most especially (at least, in my personal experience) bird breeders and keepers! This breeder told you that he wasn't a breeder and that he was not expecting eggs but that was, obviously, a lie because anybody who puts together a male and a female and gives them a nest is expecting them. There is no two ways about it - especially with amazons which revert to their wild ways when they are bond-mated (so forget about the parents been pets that had an eggcident which could happen with a smaller species like GCCs, for example) and which don't lay eggs UNLESS they have what they consider a proper nest (they are not like cockatiels that would lay an egg on the botton of the cage or the food bowl).
Pajarita
Norwegian Blue

Number of Birds Owned: 30
Types of Birds Owned: RoseBreasted too, CAG, DoubleYellowHead Amazon, BlueFront Amazon, YellowNape Amazon, Senegal, African Redbelly, Quaker, Sun Conure, Nanday, BlackCap Caique, WhiteBelly Caique, PeachFace lovebird, budgies,

Postby Bird woman » Wed Jan 18, 2017 12:24 pm

Rmoses wrote:

Zon sniffing, toe sucking toos, what a weird bunch. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I can't imagine what they say about their humans when they get together.
R :pirate:

PROBABLY THE SAME THING US OLD WOMEN SAY ABOUT MEN WHEN WE GET TOGETHER! :lol: :lol:
Bird woman
Amazon

Number of Birds Owned: 10
Types of Birds Owned: 2 mollucans, 2 LSC'S, 2 macaws, 1 bare-eye, 1 grey, 1 goffin and max the quaker

Postby alienlady » Mon Feb 20, 2017 8:27 am

I was told I was wierd for taking awhile smelling the coffee in a newly opened jar! :lol:
alienlady
Poicephalus

Number of Birds Owned: 1
Types of Birds Owned: Blue fronted amazon

Postby ParrotsForLife » Mon Feb 20, 2017 9:28 am

alienlady wrote:I was told I was wierd for taking awhile smelling the coffee in a newly opened jar! :lol:

Try smelling new books now thats a nice smell lol and coffee does smell great though I don't drink it.
ParrotsForLife
African Grey

PreviousNext

Return to Parrot Tales