Trained Parrot BlogParrot Wizard Online Parrot Toy StoreThe Parrot Forum

Liseth made me laugh

Place to share personal stories, pictures and videos of your parrot.

Re: Liseth made me laugh

Postby liz » Sun Feb 05, 2017 8:36 am

Mine never say what I want them to say. For six years I have been trying to get them to say "hey baby what's up". They will say "hey baby" and they will say "what's up" but never together.
liz
Macaw

Number of Birds Owned: 12
Types of Birds Owned: DYH Amazon Rambo
BF Amazon Myrtle
Cockatiels: Shadow Tammy Flutter Phoenix Jackie
Andy Impy Louise Twila Leroy
Flight: Yes

Postby alienlady » Sun Feb 05, 2017 1:07 pm

Mine neither Liz. When we first bonded she repeated anything I said, but only once and never again. I think there should be a general breed called Cantankerous. :lol:
alienlady
Poicephalus

Number of Birds Owned: 1
Types of Birds Owned: Blue fronted amazon

Postby Wolf » Sun Feb 05, 2017 1:41 pm

Too many species of parrot fit that name, but it could be like a Genus or Family name or one of the sub families or genus. Someone told me that they think parrots are psychotic and can read minds and that's how they know the best ways to push your buttons. I don't know if there is any truth in that but I do know that parrots are mental, if you catch my drift. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Wolf
Macaw

Number of Birds Owned: 6
Types of Birds Owned: Senegal
African Grey (CAG)
Yellow Naped Amazon
2Celestial Parrotlet
Budgie

Postby alienlady » Mon Feb 06, 2017 6:11 am

Absolutely Wolf ! That's very precise :lol:
How about a new thread , cantankerous parrots ? :lol:
Do you love wolves ? I do. :D
alienlady
Poicephalus

Number of Birds Owned: 1
Types of Birds Owned: Blue fronted amazon

Postby Pajarita » Mon Feb 06, 2017 11:00 am

Ohhhh, I don't think they are really cantankerous. I think that, mostly, they are misunderstood and that people tend to have impossible expectations of them (even the ones among us that try real hard not to do that). And, because they are smart and learn to read us much better than we will ever be able to read them, they get disgusted with our 'denseness' and, when their patience with us is temporarily exhausted, they resort to a cantankerous attitude.
Pajarita
Norwegian Blue

Number of Birds Owned: 30
Types of Birds Owned: RoseBreasted too, CAG, DoubleYellowHead Amazon, BlueFront Amazon, YellowNape Amazon, Senegal, African Redbelly, Quaker, Sun Conure, Nanday, BlackCap Caique, WhiteBelly Caique, PeachFace lovebird, budgies,

Postby Wolf » Mon Feb 06, 2017 11:58 am

Yes I am very much into Wolves.

Most of the time I just watch and chalk what I don't understand up as them just being birds, doing bird things the way a bird does them and keep on watching and trying to understand them better. Still there are times that it appears to me that they sometimes do certain things because they know what your reaction is going to be. ( Part of their sense of humor, maybe) Other times I can see that they may be attempting to train us, Usually due to the response that we had to something or to manipulate extra treats from those who do formal training with treats being the reward.
Wolf
Macaw

Number of Birds Owned: 6
Types of Birds Owned: Senegal
African Grey (CAG)
Yellow Naped Amazon
2Celestial Parrotlet
Budgie

Previous

Return to Parrot Tales